Extremely frustrated...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Matt_Grim2

grommet said:
Ok, how do you knock the door hinges out of allignment? I honestly didn't think they were adjustable.

well aparently they are, I am just as clueless as you are, I live 1:45 minutes from the dealer so I am not able to go there today but tomorrow I am going down first thing to make sure nothing is screwed up...

D

dronedog

well i assume the new cars are a little like the older ones. you could adjust the doors on older cars. most have three or four bolts on each arm that attaches to the door. the arm being one side of the hinge. we used to always adjust them when we had the panels off to get the best fit with the front fender and back door or rear fender. i know these cars are built to higher specs than the older ones but i would still think there is a little room to adjust.
the old dog

M

Matt_Grim2

dronedog said:
well i assume the new cars are a little like the older ones. you could adjust the doors on older cars. most have three or four bolts on each arm that attaches to the door. the arm being one side of the hinge. we used to always adjust them when we had the panels off to get the best fit with the front fender and back door or rear fender. i know these cars are built to higher specs than the older ones but i would still think there is a little room to adjust.
the old dog

I AM JUST SO ****** THAT THE DEALER DID THIS TO MY CAR...

D

dronedog

i can see why you would be but i think it happens more time than you think. i know of two other guys (Ford dealer and a Toyota) that had the same type of thing happen. the lifts were too close together and they lowered or raised a car without closing the doors. in both of those cases they did more damage than what they are telling you. one hit a bench and the other i think hit another car. they damaged the door itself and one dented a roof on the other car. maybe you got lucky.
the dog

J

jcegold

I had mine in to have the navi looked at, and a new windshield put in after a rock cracked it at 250 miles (glad to have the windshield replacement insurance it did just pay for it self). The dealer gave me a loaner lr3 on a Thursday morning then Fri. they called and said the windshield was in but wanted to and spend more time on the nav and to keep it for the weekend. Monday afternoon it was done and picked it up at least they fixed the windshield the nav still sucks.

X

xcursion

Amir, go with Houm and Roverdawg's suggestion and make your voice heard. Dealer doesn't sound sincerely enough to back up their words.

A

Amir

matt, was just curious about your truck, how much damage did they cause to it? hope it wasn't much at all...

A

Amir

Update. So I missed a call from service on friday last week at the end of the day. Called back but couldn't get in touch with the person who had left the message. Called the dealer monday morning to find out that my sales guide had left for a 10 day vacation. Went straight to the dealer and spoke with the center manager. She apologized for everything, took the truck in and gave me a loaner 06 HSE.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM