First Problems with LR3 - Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've had our first problems with our 2005 LR3 come up over the last couple weeks:

-The low coolant warning is popping up every now and then
-The red airbag warning light came on today
-The steering has the noticeable knock in it (that one has been happening for a while, but it became very apparent during my offroad trip several weeks ago)

All of these issues are pretty well known and documented (especially for our VIN number). Taking it in Friday - I'm not expecting any big issues (we are also lucky that we have a GREAT LR dealership here in Colorado Springs - I highly recommend Red Noland for anyone in the Front Range area).

The question comes up on something I haven't found any info on - the plastic that covers the speedometer, tach, etc appears to have two, very small (less than half an inch) hairline cracks at the bottom of it - has anyone else seen this? I only noticed them when the sun hit them just right and produced a shadow on the display.

Even outside of these recent problems - we are still loving the LR3 :biggrin:

-Rich

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, my 2005 also had 2 cracks in the gauge cluster. Mine were right below the mileage reset button. My closest dealer said that, because it was the first time they had seen this, they would not be able to fix it since they would have to get an LR rep to go down and confirm if it's under warranty. When I took it back to my main dealer, i pointed it out to them and had to haggle with the service rep and the manager to get it done under warranty. After about 2 weeks, they finally decided to do it. The cluster is definitely not cheap.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, my 2005 also had 2 cracks in the gauge cluster. Mine were right below the mileage reset button. My closest dealer said that, because it was the first time they had seen this, they would not be able to fix it since they would have to get an LR rep to go down and confirm if it's under warranty. When I took it back to my main dealer, i pointed it out to them and had to haggle with the service rep and the manager to get it done under warranty. After about 2 weeks, they finally decided to do it. The cluster is definitely not cheap.

Hmmm - hope I didn't speak too soon on Red Noland :biggrin:

-Rich

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless it had some obvious impact, why did they have to get an okay? That's pretty odd. We pretty much call 'em as we see 'em. Cluster retails around $450. We replaced one for an internal electrical issue, and one for get this, "the left trun signal light doesn't light". Seems all that light from the cluster comes from LEDs, and should last forever. Well, one on this one didn't.
Rich, I'm sure everything will turn out okay.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink