Foul Smell, water leaking in passenger side...PLEASE HELP.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bushinaustin

My wife and I just bought this Discovery...2 days later we notice a nasty smell(like something died) in the cab...water is leaking in the front passengers side...I guess from the AC running. We bought a warranty from the Preferred Warranty INC. company but it doesnt kick in for 30 days. if anyone's heard of them. Any advice would be appreciated on how or if i can fix this myself.

Thanks.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to drain the *******. There are some new pics up on this site. Check out the A/C article by MOOSE!!! Good luck..

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, when I did that earlier this summer I kept waiting for the truck to moan :biggrin:

D

discomike

Moose, just keep practicing and your old truck will moan for you.
Mike J.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*****, Mike! :biggrin:

Say, I'll give you a call this week re: the bumper issue -- any times better than others?

B

bushinaustin

mouse? snake? stuck?

I took it by a guy whos worked on Rovers for a few years only he was too busy to look at mine. He swears something is dead in there with the smell. Has anyone had this happen or heard of this happening?I took the panel off on the passenger side and took the blower out, reached my hand all the way up as far as I could and found nothing. Can someone send me a picture of this 'rubber piece' under the car that drains the water...i think I found it but am not sure...thanks. This is a 98 rover Discovery by the way.

D

discomike

The smell is caused by mold that has been building up over time. Auto part stores sell products to **** the mold but you must first get the drains open, quit running the a/c for a while and use the blower alot to dry it out. You may still need to clean the carpet and get it dried out before the smell will go away.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM