Foul Smell, water leaking in passenger side...PLEASE HELP.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bottle of Lycos or B&G "antibacterial" thingy and about 15 minutes of time , repeated twice in about few days will get out remains of smell (after you drained what Andy pointed to) very easy.

Close all windows, put A/C in closed loop, and then spray generiously below dash, where passenger legs would be. Thats where blow motor sucks in air in closed loop. It will pick up all the antibacterial solution and route it via conditioning airways. Run it for few minutes in one mode, then switch to another (as in - arms, legs, windows and whatever over mixed two). You should basically reach point where you can see how mist that you spraying next to blow motor is appearing from vents as it runs through..

Repeat in few days - all foul smell will be gone. It just will stink with Lycos or whatever you used for a while. But at least it will get rid of all the alien forms of life that decided to grow inside your A/C.

PS: due that placement of blow motor -- never ever let anyone ride in passenger seat with stinky feet, and when you have to run A/C... :)

Last edited:
B

bushinaustin

I got the ******.

Moose

I got the ****** it came right out but its all dry a little bit of crud in it but all the water going into my cab did not come rushing out....what does this mean?

B

bushinaustin

*******!

...are there two ******* or one. i found one by the passenger. I dont see how this little ****** can hold as much water as was coming into the damn cab.

thanks.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, there is only one ******, on the passenger side. Try running a coat hanger or other wire up there and see if maybe something more up the line is clogging it.

B

bushinaustin

done

k found two ******* one on each side that doesnt seem to be doing anything...sticking a hanger up there...is there anything else?

thanks.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if ******* aint helping - then you can try to lift carpet and check what the heck is it that stinks. I can be very well smell of something else, like alien lifeforms in your A/C system from being running too long without treating (i know mine did when i was living in Houston and running a/c nearly all year long). Or dead mice somewhere (happens too).

B

bushinaustin

ac

is there anywhere else I can clean out the ac drainage...i heard there was a drain tube on the driver side in the cab is this true, under the carpet by the console

john65b

Reaction score
Moose,

Your link no longer works...can you show me where these condensate drains are?

I thought I found it and disconnected the link and got GAS sprayed all over me...quickly replaced the connection before I burned my house down...

I looked all over for these drains...my carpet is soaking wet and the truck smells like a locker room...help!

BTW - I have a 2002 Disco II

EDIT - I found them...not exactly tubes or hoses, just a 3/8" ****** sticking out from the floorboard. Pulled both out and had crud sprayed all over me...now I smell like crud, warm smelly water, and GAS. But finally done. I have been looking for the cause of this problem for years.

I completely removed the *******...Should I put them back in? What is its purpose?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM