Found an LR4, a couple pre-purchase questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3 trailer hitch will fit the LR4 as well.

Before you tear the trailer wiring out of your LR3, it may be easier to just put a new one in:

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/VPLAT0013ABP

Full size LR3 spare will fit fine. TPMS is different but if you are replacing a donut spare, it doesn't matter.
Hmmm, interesting. Does TPMS monitor the pressure of the spare as well?
I guess I can get one added and linked, but as you probably forgot, the 2005 didn't have TPMS. Which is fine with me.

Thanks for the part link. That was a nice video. Depending how the timing of purchase/trade-in works, I may just use the video to fish out my connector. I don't tow regularly, usually only when I'm pulling for someone else, but it seems silly to have a hitch and no light harness.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the VIN, you can look it up on www.landrovertechinfo.com and see exactly what options / packages were included at the factory on that HSE Lux (Vision Assist, HD, Sat Radio, etc.) There were different styles of 19" LR3 wheels, but as far as I know they should all fit the LR4. If the one you are considering comes with a compact size donut as spare, it probably doesn't have HD, but who knows for sure. Best to get the VIN and do your own research.
I can testify that I have a donut spare but there is HD

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, that should work also (it does on my end), but try this instead: https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm

To inquire about a specific VIN, you need to register first (it's free), then log in with your user name and password. You should then be presented with a VIN Selection section where you enter the 17-digit VIN.

Last edited:

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, that should work also (it does on my end), but try this instead: https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm

To inquire about a specific VIN, you need to register first (it's free), then log in with your user name and password. You should then be presented with a VIN Selection section where you enter the 17-digit VIN.
thanks

I have one question

I do not see the HD package from the above place, but I do see two locks on the console screen, I do have donut spare

how it comes......

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know what model year you have, but I believe that on 2010 and 11s the 4x4 screen did show padlock icons on both center and rear differentials, even on models that had an open rear diff... So, the graphic representation of a "lock" doesn't necessarily mean your car is fitted with rear lockers. If you go wheeling and notice that icon turning from green to red on occasion (depending on terrain and conditions), you have rear lockers. Otherwise, that icon will stay green all the time - it's an open differential. From the factory, the Heavy Duty pack used to include locking rear differential and a full size spare tire up to MY2013. If your build specs don't mention a locking rear differential or a full size spare, you probably don't have the Heavy Duty package.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umbertob is correct on 2010 and 2011 the 4x4 screen shows 2 lockers even when you do not have the rear locker installed. It changed with the new infotainment system in 2012 which actually shows the correct amount of lockers (1 or 2).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM