Front Pass. airbag light question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm in the truck this weekend with my fiance and realized that the "Pass. airbag off" light was on while she was sitting in the seat. When we got out and got back in the light was now off. She did have her purse on her lap though.

My first thought was that maybe she doesn't weigh enough, she is 5 foot and weighs 100pds. So I'm thinking, could the weight sensor be set around 100pds, and maybe thinks a kid is in the seat? My previous suv, an '07 FJ cruiser had the same light, but never came on while she was sitting in it.

What are your thoughts?

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was the passenger seatbelt alarm going off (on the off chance she wasn't wearing her belt)? I have found I can't leave packed laptop case or bagged groceries in the pass seat without the seatbelt alarm sounding and the airbag off light going dark. Try having her sit there, without the belt fastened, and see what happens. If the belt alarm doesn't sound and the light remains lit, I would bet its a bad sensor.
PS My previous vehicle was an 07 FJ cruiser too. Nice to be able to hear yourself think while driving on the interstate again, isn't it?

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to take the truck in for a couple small items, so I may just add that to the list. I didn't take notice off the seatbelt alarm, but I do remember she was adjusting herself and looking for something in the back. Good point though.

PS My previous vehicle was an 07 FJ cruiser too. Nice to be able to hear yourself think while driving on the interstate again, isn't it?

I'm still trying to get used to being so quiet. Lol. Mine was lifted, 33" mud tires, roof rack and lights. Mine roared going down the road. I do miss the FJ though, but not the noise. It was alot quieter with the factory tires on it when I traded in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM