Frozen solid.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyguy

Reaction score
Well my 95 disco has been a great truck, best I have ever bought used and up to now the least trouble ever with a used car.

I guess it had to start sometime. Truck drove fine, parked it outside and temps fell to 7 to 9 degrees that night and have not risen above freezing since. Nor has the truck started since............................

She cranks like crazy but nothing at all and sounds out of fuel (possible water in fuel?) . I put a small space heater under the hood for a few hours today and still won't start.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Have someone listen in the cargo area for the fuel pump when the key is turned on (not starting) if you hear the pump, then could be other issues.

If you don't hear the pump... either a relay is bad or sticking or the pump may be bad.

skyguy

Reaction score
I will try that.

Thanks Joey, I will give that a shot tomorrow. I don't recall hearing it though.

My friends are giving me **** for having a Rover that won't start in the cold lol.

Thanks again.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't worry, when you get it running again, you can give them s*** because you may have to pull them out of the snow....

healey1006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spray some starting fluid in the intake and see if it fires. If it does, you know that the problem is fuel system related.

skyguy

Reaction score
No noise from pump.

Grrrrr. Methinks shes frozen..............

What kind of truck freezes like that lol. If it were my old Pinzgauer I would just get out the torch and defrost the damm windows. That swiss lump always started in the cold.

Is there something special about the fuel system I need to know about? I have to trust this truck to start in 20 degree temps.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
No noise from pump... there is a relay in the passenger side floorboard (can't remember which one off the top of my head) listen for it to click... if you do not hear it, then the relay is stuck or bad. If you hear the relay click, then the fuel pump is bad and needs to be replaced.

skyguy

Reaction score
Joey, is the relay under the truck or inside the passenger compartment? Is it easy to get to ?

Thanks again.

skyguy

Reaction score
Never mind found out how to open my Rave copy and discovered it is in right hand kick panel of the front passenger side!

Glad I got the manual open. It should help.

N

nhveedub

Have you tried a bottle of dry gas yet? Cheap and easy - you should try that first incase your lines are frozen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM