Frozen solid.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
How do you know it is frozen solid... did you open the fuel tank? or you just assume that it is frozen because of the cold.

My Disco has been in way below freezing with 20+ mph winds for 2 days without issues. Transmission needed to be warmed up, but it started and ran.

I have had vehicles in extreme cold and snow while in the military and have never had a fuel tank freeze up. I haven't even had a diesel freeze... just remember to drain the water from the tank just before winter.... no issue.

skyguy

Reaction score
Argh...

I think I may have been off the back in pre-winter prep........................

The only thing that makes sense at this point is something frozen. It went from perfect to won't start in nine hours...........................

It got cold up here very rapidly and stayed cold.

skyguy

Reaction score
No fuel pump gauge is also inactive.

Hi all, My fuel gauge is at 50% on or off key. 95 D-1 Also it seems fuel pump is indeed not working. Is gauge and pump tied together at the relay?

Also despite my best efforts not sure which relay is the one I need cant find it in my cd. I am probably just missing it though.

One week down now.....................

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
skyguy said:
Hi all, My fuel gauge is at 50% on or off key. 95 D-1 Also it seems fuel pump is indeed not working. Is gauge and pump tied together at the relay?

Also despite my best efforts not sure which relay is the one I need cant find it in my cd. I am probably just missing it though.

One week down now.....................
AFAIK, Gauge is controlled on a separate relay from the fuel pump.

Try having someone turn the ignition on with you looking at the relays in the kick panel with the lights out. You can actually see the fuel pump relay spark when it it working. It'll light up just a little bit.

I had a fuel pump go about 6 weeks after I bought my 96, and again about 3 years ago. They just, go. Sometimes you get warning, sometimes you don't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM