Frozen solid.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

john65b

I also am confused - The Dry Gas I know of is CO2 - Sublimating Dry Ice...

skyguy

Reaction score
Just looked it up on wikipedia Dry gas is essentially ethanol. It does not seem to be needed for a California car as we already have a fair bit of ethanol in the fuel.

I am going to pull the main fuel line and see if she spurts or is frozen. Maybe change the fuel filter as well. Could be seriously gunked I suppose.................................

The truck not working on cold nights is not a good thing for me this winter............

N

nhveedub

Dry gas soaks up water in gasoline and is used in winter to unfreeze frozen gas lines. You should try this first. $1, or $2 for a bottle. I have had a car stall on the highway due to a frozen gas line, then threw a bottle of dry gas in the gas tank, and it was fine after that.

Look at this website to see a 'dry gas' type product:
http://www.goldeagle.com/heet/index.htm

Perhaps the phrase "dry gas" is a Maine thing:) That's what my dad always called it...

skyguy

Reaction score
trying the heet.

I will try the heet. From their website it is iffy whether or not it will work in a frozen fuel system.

This is starting to make me unhappy.

Anyone have a 4x4 full size truck for trade?

N

nhveedub

From the HEET website:

Will HEET work when the gas line is already frozen?
Maybe, but not always, it depends where the gas line is frozen. You can try adding a bottle of HEET, waiting 15-20 minutes and then trying starting your engine. If that does not work, you should have your car moved to a warm garage to thaw out. To avoid this from happening, you should always use HEET as a preventative measure before temperatures are expected to fall below 32°F

Last edited by a moderator:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you do not hear the fuel pump making noise... adding any additive will be a waste of money....

skyguy

Reaction score
No fuel pump noise.

Well, I do not hear the fuel pump despite hearing the relay click on. I am now pretty darn sure it is frozen. Tomorrow I will tow it down "The Mountain" and let it warm up somewhat in non freezing temps.

I tossed in some "Heet" to no avail.

I guess I should have spent some time getting it ready for winter ):

Just to damm busy playing balloon. Although riding my motorcycle down "The Mountain" to Temecula at 4:00am on icy snowy, nine degree above zero ass roads was a serious motivator.................................

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch... if it were me I would just buy a new fuel pump and replace it..... if it is dead no additive in the world will bring it back to life.

skyguy

Reaction score
Does frozen solid = a new fuel pump?

Can't I just "wait it out"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM