Full Size Spare Tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good topic. full size spare is the only way to go. unfortunately an air down is required for those that want the real deal up underneath. i need the space inside so it has to go underneath. if i could find a rear swing tire carrier that didnt require a second mortgage, id be all over it.

hmmm...what did they do on the HD package that came with a full size spare from the factory?

anyway, a good compressor is always handy. tossed around the legendary nwoods style spare batt compartment mount, but really wanted the space for the traxide. so i called my old rep and he suggested the ARB CKMP12. It comes in a nice toolbox and handles most jobs with no issues (50% duty cycle) It costs a little more than others, but you get the ARB quality and a sweet sticker for your roll call, and an assortment of accessories.

portableCompressor.jpg

If you want to save a few bucks, you can get a Viair, we used to stock them in my shop and customers claimed they held up great. just do yourself a favor and dont get an ebay special, when your in a situation where you need a compressor, then failure has already occured and is not an option.

Bad Bonez BJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The full size spare with the HD option is the stock size of 30.0" and will fit that space. It's the over-sized (31.5" or 32") tires that don't fit unless flattened out first.

Why can't we find an affordable Swing-Away tire carrier. I see them all them time for other vehicles (not to name a few name brands we all know) that are really affordable.

Why does it cost so much for these vehicles. It looks to be just as simple and same amount of materials...

BJ

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9