G4 Challenge Spec VS ARB/Rasta accessories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nathan,

Thanks for the link. I have a shop and a bunch of forklifts. Do you think that a guy could use a forklift to raise the sliders into place or would it be easier to use a floor jack? I also have a forklift that could pick up the whole truck, maybe I should have my welders make some platforms that fit on the forks and then drive the truck onto the forks and just lift the truck up to working height. Then I could put some jackstands under the forks to keep it from falling and crushing me if a hose blew. Make my own homemade lift!:smile: Would that make it easier or should I just do it on the floor with a jack?

Trevor

Hmmm...at this point my lawyer is advising me to keep silent... LOL!

phurley

Reaction score
Nathan,

Thanks for the link. I have a shop and a bunch of forklifts. Do you think that a guy could use a forklift to raise the sliders into place or would it be easier to use a floor jack? I also have a forklift that could pick up the whole truck, maybe I should have my welders make some platforms that fit on the forks and then drive the truck onto the forks and just lift the truck up to working height. Then I could put some jackstands under the forks to keep it from falling and crushing me if a hose blew. Make my own homemade lift!:smile: Would that make it easier or should I just do it on the floor with a jack?

Trevor

:hmmmm2: :hmmmm: I'd go with the floor jack plan... :eek:

snipergwolf

Reaction score
I weighed the costs of the ARB/ Rasta Set-up vs G4 Accessories. It's not that drastic of a price difference.

Pros of the ARB/ Rasta are Heavy Duty Construction, Function follows form design, provisons for jack, light and radio mounts
Cons Not a 100% integration, leaves out headlamp washers and park distance sensors, complex install, HEAVY. aftermarket front skid plate difficult to add if winch is install

Pros A Frame 100% factory integration and support, Light weight,Looks great, light mounts, Hight strength plastic, easy install, retains factory sensors and washers, integrates well w/ factory front skid plate.
Cons Does not cover full front, plastic is not necessarily strong as steel, no integrated radio mounts.

It boils down to what look and purpose you need. One could argue that there are some extra safety considerations for the Genuine LR parts? I really don't know. Maybe you could debate how the winches are bolted on? again I don't know.

The Rasta Plates and some of the other sliders that various companies produce are really straight forward and really meet the needs of the market/consumer. Still underscoring that this adds some weight. which potentially offsets the well thought out engineering considerations of Land Rover. But most say, " I need this or else" and that is what should trigger the purchase instead of the piece of mind that one day I might need underbody protection..

Who made that rear tire carrier bumper? That looks great!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9