Gauging interest in Anitas EAS control unit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently contacted MUDTECH 4x4 in terms of getting my hands on 17 " RACER wheels , that would fit over our V8 brake calipers without any modification and spacers.As their company recently moved out of Italy , to Germany with production line of everything they sell for Discos , and they sell a lot of things, Their prices increased slightly .I also was interested in their Anitas EAS hight control unit , that looks way more superior to the LLAMS kit.Long story short , overall with a Euro conversion it would come up to a roughly $ 500 , but they said today, if i am able to gather at least 5 other customers ,price would drop similar to a LLAMS unit.
I am not big on organizing group buys , but if there is an serious interest ,we could come up with something solid.
You can all check their product at Mudtech 4x4 website. prices for a LR4 would be slightly higher , due to more connectors Anitas unit requires, but overall , it is overall , the bast product to change EAS hights on the fly , overcome speed limitation when on bumpstops and more...and YES , many of that could be done by IDTtool, but it takes time and it is certainly , not on the fly procedure.
If none is interested, I will buy this product regardless the outcome, but why would I not want to save a few bucks, if there is a way.
Cheers

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the Anitas system superior to the Llams? I looked into that hack a few years ago when Mud Tech first introduced it, and honestly I could not see any practical advantage over the Llams I already owned - at the time, anyway. They may have modified the software since, not sure.

I believe you'll need to modify the brakes (new rotors and calipers) to fit their 17" wheels on a LR4, they were made to fit the LR3 without mods. They do have an 18" wheel that fits the LR4 - not crazy about the design, but it's an alternative to same ´ole boring Compomotives.

Last edited:

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer to your question :
This is a quote from manufacturer , that I received via Email.
Going into details:
- Anitas offer 4 Heights step (+7.5 cm max), LLams 3 (+5cm max)
- Anitas offer 3 special mode, LLams 1 may be...
- Anitas have aluminium case, LLams plastic
- Anitas Have a aluminium controller with 2 swithches 4 leds, LLams a simple rotary switch with one led
- Anitas came pre-calibrated for each car, LLams need calibration
- Anitas cames in a plastic box with foam, LLams cames in a carton box

So, everybody can easy understand that we are talking about two totally different products, especially in therms of performace, design, and quality of the material used.
Nowdays the LLams cost 350 USD , but just 2 years ago the price were 600 EURO !!! And nothing have been changed! The reduction were only done to survive on the market after the introduction of ANITAS. We will keep our price, we think that a better product must have the correct price on the market.

We have sold hudreds of ANITAS worldwide, so much more than LLams, including:
All the Europe, Russia, Africa, South Africa, Australia, USA, South America, Indonesia... without any kind of problems!

For the above reasons we have planned in the last weeks to produce a different new version. We'll be able to offer the same functionality of the LLams with a price so much more competitive, not so far from Johnson Rods. At the moment no prevision for the time and the exact price, the target markets are USA, South Africa and Australia.

Regarding the promotion we know, we have to start it, and we really wish to exhibit in some expo... ideally at SEMA

Best regards

Marco

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LLAMS vs MUDTECH

Attachments

• llams2.jpg
    llams2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 37
  • MUD CENTRALINA 2 ridotta.jpg
    MUD CENTRALINA 2 ridotta.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 38

harbinger808

Reaction score
been looking at the ANITAS for the past 6 months already and I must say that I'm impressed by the craftsmanship and support. I've seen it on a few Disco3s in OZ. just need to save some money so i can get one for my LR4 :)

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have one very interested fellow member on different forum, if you decide right now , this would make three of us, All we need is 2 more committed to buy and price will come down significantly .They need at lest five buyers to be able to reduce retail price for us.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They said very close to a LLAMS unit. What they said in Email..
"We'll provide you all specific model as you like:

LR3
LR4 2009 - 2013
LR4 2014 - Today
Range rover Sport 2005 - 2009
Range rover Sport 2010 - 2012
FF Range Rover L322 2002 - 2010
FF Range Rover L322 2011 -2012

We need to know which one's you need at the moment of the order.
The unit for the LR4 > 2014 (actual model) cost little more because its need additional circuits.
Remember also that all of the above can be supplied in "STREET" configuration, mainly to lower the vehicle (+5 , 0, -1, -2, -3 cm)

Ciao
Marco "
This was a part of the Email, that I received regarding that..

Last edited:

harbinger808

Reaction score
Mahalo for the heads up and info.
I own a 2012 LR4.
This would be my ideal setup. Seems to me that wither kit, Step 3 does nothing useful except aesthetics.
Could this be done?...

Step1 +7.5 (If i nee the extra height off road)
Step2 +/- 0
Step3 +5 (long dirt roads)
Step4 -2 (winding roads up in the mountains and full roof rack if needed)
Step5 -3 (getting in/out for my 2yr old son and getting into parking garage)

They said very close to a LLAMS unit. What they said in Email..
"We'll provide you all specific model as you like:

LR3
LR4 2009 - 2013
LR4 2014 - Today
Range rover Sport 2005 - 2009
Range rover Sport 2010 - 2012
FF Range Rover L322 2002 - 2010
FF Range Rover L322 2011 -2012

We need to know which one's you need at the moment of the order.
The unit for the LR4 > 2014 (actual model) cost little more because its need additional circuits.
Remember also that all of the above can be supplied in "STREET" configuration, mainly to lower the vehicle (+5 , 0, -1, -2, -3 cm)

Ciao
Marco "
This was a part of the Email, that I received regarding that..

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know their standard unit is more off road oriented and it comes pre set with basic values such as : -2 ; +2.5 ; +5 and +7.5 , but there is also a street or sport oriented set up , there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM