Good morning All.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ADVNTRR

Reaction score
untitled.png

I'm new to the site and new to the Rover life. I live in south Mississippi, so you don't really see a lot of land rovers around. I've always loved the look of the rovers but have been shy of them mechanically. But..... when it was time to get another off-road vehicle. (had a Chevy avalanche) I drove 3 Trucks. the first was an H3. it was weak and cramped. Then I drove a Lexus G470. it was powerful and had all the bells and whistles,... but it looks like a soccer mom. Then I drove a 2006 LR3. I loved it right out of the gate even knowing there would be mechanical nightmares to deal with. I went with BF Goodrich 275/65 AT tires, I built my own air suspension sensor lift rods for $8.50 . added a cargo basket to the top and have been very pleased. annnnd of course I have a rear diff making noise and there is metal on the magnetic drain plug. I have priced remanned difs , and I'm certainly not going to the dealer for service. I have a supplier for Timken bearings in town and have identified the ones I need, My question is, has anyone done this themselves and do you have some tips from being inside this dif before, otherwise I still plan to tear into this thing anyway and will post the results.

Brock

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Tech questions are better in the LR3 section of the forum. Should be fairly straight forward in the Diff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM