Has anyone done muffler work to their LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the rasp. So what is your exhaust set-up in detail, and how much did it cost?

Glad to hear it! Everything is stock except I took it to a local and shady backwoods weld/muffler shop and they cut the big ugly muffler out leaving about 2 inches of pipe on the inlet and outlets of the muffler. In the mufflers place, they just welded in two stainless pipes.

It maybe took them an hour total once I pulled in to when I left. Total cost was only $60 if I remember correctly. Very cheap mod with great results in my opinion.

My apologies, I dont know why my phone wants to upload the picture sideways..

Attachments

• 20140723_065254.jpg
    20140723_065254.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 65

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet...will that effect emissions at all? Both in terms of the fault codes and the state-required testing?

How loud would you say it is, like as a multiplier of the stock sound?

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% positive that it wont effect emissions but I wouldn't think so as long as we're not messing with the cat. I grew up and lived most of my life in Pennsylvania where we had state inspections and emissions testing, but living in Florida for the past 7 years or so where we dont have such a thing didn't make me worry about it.

I would call the local inspection stations as they should know, if you or someone were to do this.

As far as any fault codes, I haven't received any. I also haven't had any back pressure issues or negative effect on performance.

Loudness... tough one!
Let's think of an F150 with a typical afterarket dual exhaust. I would say that the Rover is quieter at idle, louder at heavier acceleration and about the same at cruising speeds. Make any sense? Haha

For the stock exhaust, I never really heard it. I heard the engine, but not the xhaust.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This definitely makes me wanna do it even more than before. Got my emission test/inspection done in ABQ...
Need to find a cheap place now.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds great. I did the cut and weld on my old D1. These rigs are just so finicky

colb45

Reaction score
Best cheap mod for the vehicle, cutting out the clam shell muffler makes it actually sound beastly unlike a minivan...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72