Heated Seat Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well things are starting to get chillly these days and I noticed today that my drivers side seat isn't getting warm. All the rest work quite well. The lights on the switch lights up, but no heat on my drivers seat. Any clue to why this might be happening?

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heated Seat

Pretty common issue as miles accumulate/seat time increases... My experience w/ heated seats in Rovers and other makes (audis, saabs from the 80's on) is that sometimes it can be switches/ relays/connectors... but most likely, its probably a break in the wire in the seat somewhere. There are pads for the backrest and for the seat cushion, and sometimes someone kneels on the seat, etc and the wires break. If it loses continuity, no heating. I'd bet that is the problem. Had this done on both a drivers and pass seat on our old 2003 Disco 2.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there an after market option?
my wife says her BMW is better 'cause of the heated seats . . . . like to check out options . . .

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to agree with nashvegas on this one, I had a connector wire that came unplugged somehow on my rear passenger side seat that caused it not to produce heat but the light did still turned on... so see if you can see anything lose or broken under there

just my $.02

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo