Heated Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
Is anyone else bothered by the squiggly lines of the heated windshield?

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are much more noticeable than I expected, but not too much of a nuisance in my opinion.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a lot of discussion about it last year about this time. Do a search of the forum and u should did lots of comments about the heating elements. It seems to bother some more than others. I had a huge problem with them for a short time. I think it was related to eye strain. I stayed away from the computer for a few days and it made a huge difference for me.

Rob

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, not this again. I don't even notice them. And love them when needed.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate them. I have astigmatism and they make driving at night with wet roads 2x worse. Combine this with crappy LR stock wipers, it is like driving a 50 yr old truck in the middle of an ash storm!
I can't believe how bad the LR wipers are - they just suck! My Bimmer has awesome wipers, I wish I could buy those for LR4. It sucks that you spend 60k and they give you crap, absolutely ship wipers!

Sorry, it is raining in the northwest - can you tell?

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Count me as another one who hates the heated windshield....it drives me nuts at night.

If I drove the truck all the time, I imagine I'd get used to it.

Fortunately, my wife drives the truck 95% of the time, and she doesn't notice the lines. She also just got to use the heated windshield for the first time a couple weeks ago, and loved it.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never notice them? I replaced my windshield wipers with Bosch. They seem to work good, but I thought they would be better.

Anyone have any suggestions for great wipers?

-David

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now live in Denver, Co., from Orlando Fl. and still run the Bosch ICONs. We've had two good snows and both the heated windshield (which I love) and wipers performed flawlessly!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now live in Denver, Co., from Orlando Fl. and still run the Bosch ICONs. We've had two good snows and both the heated windshield (which I love) and wipers performed flawlessly!
We don't get a lot of rain in N. CA - just in the winter. So I am thinking the sun has probably dried mine out a bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9