Heavy Duty (HD) option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread has been very helpful. While I would likely never use the locking rear differential, if I get rid of my truck next year and get a new one, then I am definitely going for the HD package.

I am sure you could find a use for HDP at HHSVRA! Especially with your new tires.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure you could find a use for HDP at HHSVRA! Especially with your new tires.
I am definitely sure of that! :)

I guess it's one of those things in retrospect I wish I had the HD package, but for what I do, it probably does not make a difference. My best modification has been switching out my tires to the Cooper Zeon LTZs... hands down!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have purchased our LR4 without it. We do take our truck off road quite a bit. I have too many times watched a truck struggle with a steep slippery hill as one rear tire will spin faster than the other and the truck will have to attempt the hill multiple times or be winched up in some cases. The dealer did have to locate the vehicle and we ended up with the Lux package when all we really wanted was the HSE. but I can't tell you how many times someone watches me take a difficult hill and comments how easy I make it look (and it's not me it's the truck) The HD package will turn your truck into a vehicle that can truly go anywhere the only other mods I made to our truck were Johnson Rods (lift kit) and Pirelli ATR All-Terrain tires. If you're not going off road why get a Land Rover, and if you are the HD package will allow you to do things that will make other peoples Jaw drop as it locks up on a hill and climbs hills that look too steep and too slippery with ease.
That's useful, thanks.

BushRover

Reaction score
I specifically ordered mine with the HD package and definitely agree that it works when in a tight bind and for the price why not?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM