Help Picking up new Tires... HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sebastian24

Reaction score
THe michellin are a little bit more exp[ensive than the scorpion, but I think I will go with the michellins... WHat can you tell me about durability..... how many miles have you got so far from the tires, how much tread you have left..??thanks for all the help...

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my Pirellis thus far. Good price, very quiet and can handle dirt tracks pretty well. They look pretty sweet too.

Kenjengrif

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Michelins probably have about 12k miles on them and they've held up well. I don't know how to measure the tread depth accuratley, but they look to have almost all the tread. They have done much better than the Goodyear HPs. Everything I read on Tire Rack about the Michelin treadlife was positive, so I expect much better wear than the HPs.

Rotation is the key for me. Consdiering they are mounted on a Land Rover, I'm satisfied. I make that comment because I had a Disco 2 that was relatively ******* tires as well. The tire dealer told me that with a truck that heavy I shouldn't expect much beyond "average" tread life.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont really do mud running.... i would say 90% will be in the highway and 10% off road.....

how about the michelin Latitude.. I hear good reviews of the Synchrones.... but Im kind of scare that since the car is always carring a lot of weight... the tire wont last. that why I was thinking of the MT/s since they look really agggresive with more tread pattern< i figured they should last longer. Probably im wrong. since I dont know much about tires.....

Yeah, the exact opposite is true, the bigger the lugs on the tire, the faster they wear (generally). The tire compound is what makes a big difference in tread wear, and more aggressive off road tires like the MTR's and Cooper/Nitto's, etc... generally have softer, more compliant compounds which wear faster than your typical street radial.

BFG ATs seem to wear very well though, so they are a notable exception.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the Synchrones! There are no issues with the tire not lasting long....they are wearing much better than the factory tires that LR put on the vehicle. I've been very happy with them.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo