Hey LR are you listening?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just in case someone from the company happens in here.

Here's a bit of unsolicited advice. Take a page from the TiVo operating manual. You NEED user testing. I realize you can't give out a bunch of free trucks and wait for feedback (though it may be cheaper then all of those new compressors) but you could hire a few people, real people not corporate guys worried about their job or the bottom line not employees, certainly NOT enthusist or pureist. Real tech savvy people, users.

I knew in a week what was wrong with my LR3 as I'am sure a number of people here did.

This is just the tip of the iceberg: (which I'm sure my LR3 could climb over but not without a suspension fault)

1. Why the hell did you put the AUX input where you did? To assist that MONSTERish, overpriced, underperforming DVD player you push? - That's not a customer first attitude. We paid a premium... help a brother out.

2. The Nav UI sucks! A computer meant to help me when I'm driving that is 95% dead while I'm driving is useless. Worried about getting sued are you? I'd let me worry about me you should have worried that my truck stalled if I went downhill while making a right after a long ride (in the states we call that an exit ramp) My entire family was with me the first time that happened... THAT I'd of sued you for.

3. It might be nice to have more then a square foot of storage.

4. Goodyear? Again, c'mon. I'm out 54k here and you give me pretend tires.

5. The year of Howard Stern and no Sirius? Nice one.

6. You were the 2005 Motor Trend award winner... What a WASTED opportunity! It's like you've never sold a car before.

7. Without overexagerating. My drycleaner knows more about my truck then my service department. Oh yes I've heard the company line, "They are independently owned and opera...." I COULDN'T give less of a **** that they're not you. They are ****** me of my time, sanity and good humor. I've tried FOUR (YES 4) different dealers and a bigger bunch of liars and snakes you'll not find. What do you train them for a week or something? Maybe send tehm a memo that reads: "I know you have a monopoly but please pretend to give a **** about the customers."

8. 2005 and you can't make a mirror that returns properly. Speaking of that if both mirrors dip how the F*CK can I see where I'm going? User testing.

9. 2005 the radio plays mp3s but can't read their names? Oh ok I'll just remember which track all 100 songs are at. THANKS FOR NOTHING! User testing

11. Two glove boxes and a center console... NO LOCKS!

12. Seperate switch for the fog lights would have been nice.

edit: 12a. 14 to 18 MPG... Seriously? This truck couldn't get 18 mpg shut off coasting down a hill with a sunami behind it. Just say 9 - 14 for the love of all that's right. Maybe too you could mention on that sticker that at an idol it may be the least fuel efficient truck on the planet. or maybe you could put a warning label on it that says: WARNING on a cold morning don't try to warm this thing up unless you're independently wealthy or an oil man.

13. Just give me floor mats for the love of Christ.

I'm going to stop,
Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
D

daytomann

You know they visit the forums.....customer banter like this works wonders for other manufactures, I hope it works for LR as well. Take note guys.

F

flowner

In the 06 they did put the rubber mats in front of the Nav. And Improved the Cup holders. So I guess they do listen not a much as we would like.

S

suth150

That is one ****, bitter man. I love my land rover. My service has been great. And my nav works perfectly.

X

xcursion

Those with perfect LR3, consider yourself very lucky. But there are lots of problems out there. Let's all hope LR does read these complaints seriously and improve on their products and services.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
suth150 said:
That is one ****, bitter man. I love my land rover. My service has been great. And my nav works perfectly.

If you take a moment and browse the forum, look at my posts you'll understand better the next sentence.

Fu*k you.

Edited to further say:

Because it's Christmas I'll give you a little more then that.

1.I'm the most laid back guy you'll ever meet. What you're seeing as **** is the culmination of 13 months of torture delivered by my two ****** trucks and the morononic thugs that "service" them.

Two trucks, Nearly 100 suspension faults. Fuel tank recall, 40 + days shop time, 5 compressors, a fuel neck, a seat motor, ripped leater on delivery, broken glass - A LOT OF BROKEN GLASS scattered in the interior (Three tries to clean it up, I finally had to do it), gouged roof racks and 3rd brake light cover (THAT ONE TOOK 13 DAYS TO FIX), nav goes dead (deader then that), seats don't return, mirrors don't return, speakers rattle, downhill stall, 8 versions of software and a partridge in a fuc* you!

2.Can you input or change an address while you're driving with your nav? If not, it's a N A V A G A I T I O N computer that doesn't work while you're N A V A G A T I N G. Seems by definition they dropped the ball. Let me simplifiy for you... It's like if your magic go machine wasn't magic and it didn't go any where.

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fu*k you.
Your first post was in poor taste -- this post shows us that you really are an ass.

Why not send a letter to LRNA?

Let me be the one to say that this bitter person does not speak for all of us. We have experienced zero issues, have no real gripes about the vehicle (at least no more or less than any other vehicle we have/do own) and have for the past 5 years had fantastic service experiences.

There will always be a few that get **** on -- and quite a few more that cry loudly. It is our good fortune that we are not in either of the two afformentioned groups.

W

w6000

just to defend askewed. yes his response was in poor taste, but the frustration of dealing with LRNA can be overwhelming. To say "why don't you write a letter is absurd"; they just dont care. After dealing with numerous problems with my LR3 and not getting anywhere with the dealer or LRNA, I have come to the conclusion that the only thing they will respond to is a good class action lawsuit.

D

daytomann

I can see why askewed is upset...way too many probs with two vehicles...with a dealership that seems to suck badly..LR needs to hear about these types of dealerships/service depts, so tell them directly who they are and tell them often. They need to be weeded out.
A few things seem a bit knitpicky BUT I think he was throwing them out as suggestions for improvement....and a chance to vent. LOL
However, I dont get the frustration about the Nav system..why do you NEED to type in changes while you are driving? Seems like poor planning or a total lack of sense of direction on the driver's part to me.
When you get in your vehicle and you dont know how to get where you need/want to go...type in the address and then start you car and follow the directions...seems simple and it seems to make perfect sense as a NAVIGATION system.
I would think that most people would only have to actually use the navigation very rarely at best. Personally, I know my city and surrounding area pretty damn good, I wouldnt need to Nav system to get anywhere within 200 miles of my house. I would assume its the same way with most people....I always laugh at the "old" guys driving around with their GPS systems on just to go to the grocery store...LOL (my father in law and uncle for instance, they actually go out of their way to make sure the GPS is turned on every time they go to our Lake property..its only 160 miles away and they have been there 100times! each :) )
Seriously, I dont get it. The navigation system has a very high "cool" factor but I dont see why it is soooo important that you need to type in an address while you are actually driving??
Is it just me???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72