Hey LR are you listening?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wrote a letter, I have a case, I got boutique gift certificates. The CSR suggested I hold onto them to pay for sevice after I'm out of warrantee if that tells you something.

To the post being in bad taste... I don't agree. I think selling someone two 54k hunks of unusable crap and only standing behind them because the law requires them to, that's in poor taste. I'm the victim.

PS. Sorry for driving a lot and using the NAV... and that my day isn't as predictable as yours is.

Happy Holidays!

Last edited by a moderator:

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
steve c said:
Your first post was in poor taste -- this post shows us that you really are an ass.

Why not send a letter to LRNA?

Let me be the one to say that this bitter person does not speak for all of us. We have experienced zero issues, have no real gripes about the vehicle (at least no more or less than any other vehicle we have/do own) and have for the past 5 years had fantastic service experiences.

There will always be a few that get **** on -- and quite a few more that cry loudly. It is our good fortune that we are not in either of the two afformentioned groups.

I want to respond to you directly.

Your ability to think that your opinion speaks for everyone not only shows me that you're a megalomaniac but christ talk about in poor taste.. assuming you speak for people you've never met. Right back at you with the ass comment.

And your apology to a phantom LR person/s (again you feel the need to speak for others) is sad and pathetic. Like a scared child.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
daytomann said:
However, I dont get the frustration about the Nav system..why do you NEED to type in changes while you are driving? Seems like poor planning or a total lack of sense of direction on the driver's part to me.
When you get in your vehicle and you dont know how to get where you need/want to go...type in the address and then start you car and follow the directions...seems simple and it seems to make perfect sense as a NAVIGATION system.

As a person who drives alot to places I haven't been before, or enjoys the fact that if on the interstate and I run into a serious traffic jam and want to re-route. Having the ability to make route changes on the go would be an extreme must. My Garmin does this, or course I had to turn off the safety feature.

It also comes in handy when you are somewhere you have never been, and you want something to eat or need fuel. I know at least here I WV if I was 50 miles or more from my house I would need a GPS to find most things, but then again everything in WV is an adventure waiting to happen.

Also to defend askewed a little here, Non-LR related, my wife's Caravan has had fuel gauge issues and 4 dealers can't seem to fix it. But I guess some people don't mind running out of gas on the interstate while showing 1/4 tank. Then the next tank you can run way past 1/4 and not worry. Sometimes the gauge goes to full and sometimes it don't. If all goes well I will lemon law this very soon. But my '97 Disco runs great and I have never had the dealer touch it since I bought it.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant to say I appreciate those who defended me here.

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant to say I appreciate those who defended me here.
I don't read anyone defending your childish actions. Again, grow up, write a letter to Land Rover if you have so many complaints. It is unfortunate that the vocal minority can **** it up for the unvocal majority.

Most of us do not share your bitterness nor your lack of maturity and eloquence in putting your thoughts forward. As such it should be made clear that you and your temper tantrum posts do not represent the majority of views around here.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll defend him. I've had 5 landrovers and come to expect a few completely uncalled for problems, but he'***** the motherload. If all those things were wrong with my LR, I'd be trying to get on Larry King to b*tch about it. I'd at least allow the poor fellow to vent, without being called ****. I didn't read one **** thing about his list of problems, just expectations about what one should get when spending north of $50 grand. One man's opinion.
Askewed, if I were you, I'd make a poster listingall your problems and put it in your window. Maybe send a picture to LRNA of it and let them know you're telling the world. They probably still wouldn't give a hoot, but it'd be good therapy.

D

daytomann

roverman said:
Askewed, if I were you, I'd make a poster listingall your problems and put it in your window. Maybe send a picture to LRNA of it and let them know you're telling the world. They probably still wouldn't give a hoot, but it'd be good therapy.

Or put a BIG sign on it that says. "LR sold me this lemon!" then park the thing in front of or near the dealership....that will get some attention..LOL

askewed said:
PS. Sorry for driving a lot and using the NAV... and that my day isn't as predictable as yours is.

Happy Holidays!

LOL No..my days arent always predictable, I just know where I'm going.
And its Merry Christmas!

D

daytomann

joey said:
As a person who drives alot to places I haven't been before, or enjoys the fact that if on the interstate and I run into a serious traffic jam and want to re-route. Having the ability to make route changes on the go would be an extreme must. My Garmin does this, or course I had to turn off the safety feature.

It also comes in handy when you are somewhere you have never been, and you want something to eat or need fuel. I know at least here I WV if I was 50 miles or more from my house I would need a GPS to find most things, but then again everything in WV is an adventure waiting to happen.

I completely understand the need for GPS in these instances. I just dont see why a person just cant pull over and do what you need to do...is the extra few minutes really all that valuable? Oh well, maybe I'll see why its so "frustrating" once I get mine.
Oh and IMO, this feature is in NO WAY an attempt to just "protect yourself from yourself" its also protecting other people from you as well. Youre not the only person on the road. I think its a good and thoughtfull safety feature.

S

sgllr3

Re: the nav

The Nav is NOT ideal. The above complaints ARE valid. Some nav issues have been posted on another thread. I haven't spent the time to figure out how to post links (jus like I haven't read the manual to my LR3), so I'll just quote myself here:

<The warning disclaimer is sufferable.

The inability to manipulate nav while the car is in motion is intolerable.

Don't think for one second LR or their engineers are concerned about what you do while you're driving. They just don't want to be sued.

Lawyers! Man, they suck.

If I eat a big mac going 60 mph and **** 40 people, is it Ronald's fault? Hell, they promote eating and driving by having drive-thrus.

Didn't LR think that just maybe someone in the front passenger seat may want to play with the nav while the car is moving? If LR wanted to satisfy lawyer ****, they could use the same (or similar) sensor that activates the passenger airbag to deactivate the nav safety. Not to hard to figure that one out. But for the record, you saw it here first. So if a manufacturer puts this in an upcoming model, I can hire a lawyer and sue for stealing intellectual property! ;)>

I also think askewed, or anyone, should be able to voice problems or complaints about LR or its products without being **** on. This forum would be very uninformative and extremely boring if we all just sat around ************ about how nice our cars are.

discothree

Reaction score
I've been reading this forum since Feb/Mar of this year. I must say I've found Askewed and Grommet the most insight full and funny contributors to this website.

This is a place for people to voice their opinions/concerns etc...

I've seen posts that can be solved by simply reading the manual.(but we're mostly guys... what's a manual), or people asking a certain contributor to send pics of her and her ex...

I mean take it for what it's worth.

Askewed is entitled to his opinion. I'm sure he's written to LRNA and probably spoke to them in person as well. PEOPLE have you seen what he's been thru. IMO he is doing all of us and FUTURE LR buyers a favor to ensure stuff like that or ANY OTHER CONCERNS PEOPLE POST doesn't happen in the future.

Hopefully none of this happens to anybody else, but if it does and you are one of the ones criticizing others... Don't post and ask others for their help. That might make you a hypocrite...

So let's all just chill...
it's the holiday season!!!

Merry Christmas to ALL!!!

BTW, not been able to input ANYTHING into the Nav system while the vehicle is in drive is pretty stupid. If your concern is "well I'm driving how can I type" well that's what the wife is for... ;_)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635