Hey LR are you listening?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

pfb

roverman said:
PFB,
Funny you should mention buying the Touareg. I went with the LR3 because of the terrible lack of knowledge on the part of the VW techs when it came to fixing their higher tech items like the Treg and the phaeton.

One key factor is that in my area, the VW dealer has a reputation for one of the best service departments, and the LR dealer, in my opinion, has one of the worst...

P

pneon

Im in agreement with those upset with LR. I recently purchased my LR3 and have had nothing but issues with the vehicle. Do not get me wrong, I love the vehical and plan on keeping it, but I am very upset in how poorly LR has supported me with these matters. You pretty much have to do 99% of the work to get them off their ass and do their job.

If I was to perform my job with this attitude I would be unemployed, but hey I work in an industry where customer service and relationships matter.... hummm I thought that was what the car industry was about also... :p

P

pneon

I have a feeling that those advocates for LR, within this forum, may be somehow connected with the company :). Biased views are not appropriate for forums, and LR and their employees should understand and respect this concept.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmmm, interesting conspiracy theory. I wonder how many positive posts it would take to make askewed think he gets great customer support for his wonderful automobile?

C

Cat

It seems to me that initial post is a little misleading... of the 12 ponts that he makes,#'s 1,2,3,4,5,11,12 are all items that were original equipment, options or characteristics of vehicle that he should have taken notice of before purchasing. If those items are not desirable in a vehicle or meet his expectations then why complain about them after "he" made decision to purchase vehicle. As far as reliability and service issues, I would totally agree that they are issues that need to be or should have been addressed and brought to a swift conclusion to his satisfaction. I am not a LR advocate or employee. I am a '05 LR3 and a '06 RRS owner and I am satisfied with both vehicles. I did have a few problems on LR3 initially, but they were all resolved/corrected in a timely, professional manner by my local LR dealer. Just thought I would put in my 2 cents because, as we all know, you don't hear as much from the satisfied customers as you do form unsatisfied ...
Steve- Memphis,TN

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with askewed, insofar as I too have had horrible experiences with the customer service at my local LR Centre.

However, Cat makes a good point -- a number of his gripes were things that were advertised, or at least could have been checked before purchase.

Let's keep in mind that most auto manufacturers have a great deal of difficulty with the first year of a new model. Hopefully LRNA/LR are taking note of the problems with, for example, the suspension and fuel mileage, so that improvements can be made.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pneon, you into conspiracy theories too? :) I guess that means that any criticism or negative comments are from "biased" competitor's employees, right?

You must realize this is only a small and insignificant cross section of Land Rover owners... and we, regretably, mean very little in the big picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roverman said:
hmmmm, interesting conspiracy theory. I wonder how many positive posts it would take to make askewed think he gets great customer support for his wonderful automobile?

Five Hundred Forty Eight

S

suth150

Oh my god, did pfb really just say he went with a toureg because of better reliability?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635