Hey LR are you listening?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

Tomasz

Rtfm

Just got an LR3. You should read the manual before posting this rubbish. NAV can be controlled by voice, and mirror dipping is user programmable. Not only you can switch it off, but you can also set how much each mirror moves when you select reverse. RTFM!

Sometimes the internet is nice, but sometimes it gives voice to people that do not deserve it. (BTW, my dealer includes mats with the purchase.)

T

Tomasz

One more... you skip through most of the quality / service issues you are having. These are may be valid, but if you make 9 true statements and one false - whoever (like me) catches you on the false statement will discount the rest. (Again, like I have done.)

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomasz 1st post:
See and in my mind asking the service manager, "is there a way to make only one mirror dip?" and him answering "no" is a valid amount of investigation, especially when he turns to TWO mechanics and THREE of his helper monkeys and they all agree. (I'll still need to see my manual before I believe you).

If you can re-route the nav (input a new address while moving) with voice, send my your manual and I'll eat it.

Sometimes the internet is nice and the rest of the time you're a *o** ***k**. :)

Tomasz 2nd post:

I so appreciate your reconsideration and validation! After reading your first post I was rethinking not just my post but my entire life. You're 'valid to non-valid ratio' rule is inspired thinking. I thank you for showing me a new way to look at this debacle! Yes, I have been through two trucks and sure I've made twenty plus visits to a dealer that is an hour and fifteen minutes away. Sure they shattered the giant sunroof and never cleaned up the glass (after I gave them three trys without complaining) but I didn't fully investigate the mirror dipping option and that just makes me wrong... I need to face that fact.

I shudder for the people around you.

"Daddy, I got an A in math and I'm the captain of the football team. My girlfriend is the smartest and prettiest girl in 5 counties. Aren't you proud of me?"

"I would be son except you unforgivable neglected to fully research the Playstation2 manual before you asked someone online how to format your memory card, so regretable you've ruined the internet". "Thus I must cast you out."

On a side. Like you, I too have a rule for taking other seriously. I try not to take advice from people with horrendous grammar skills... and your sentence structure leaves a bit to be desired. I call that my 'intelligence to poorly thought out and conveyed advice ratio' rule.

For referrals sake this is the sentence that took you out of my "trusted advisors" circle... "These are may be valid, but if you make 9 true statements and one false - whoever (like me) catches you on the false statement will discount the rest. "

I'll break it down for you. "These are may be valid,". There is just not a lot correct in that sentence. Then you used two numbers in one sentence. One is a digit and one is spelled out, poor form indeed.

Anyway glass houses and all, Happy new year!

R

rover1

Yeah, I'm not sure why everyone has a beef with someone posting negative comments about their vehicle. Isn't that the very essence of forums?

askewed, I believe you can adjust the dip in each mirror. with the older RR's you put it in reverse and then adjust each one where you want it. If you don't want one to dip, adjust it up to the normal position. Hope that works.
Now, why don't mine dip at all??? Was that just available with the HSE?? I've got the on/off screen on the setup display. Hmmmmm, I hope I don't get lambasted for not knowing this....
RM

P

pneon

Were gonna have to settle this outside on the playground after class :p

Sorry for sounding too much like a conspiracy theorist. I've just had horrible service so far and any negativity I post on here is due to my jealously of the great service other people have had with LR.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
askewed said:
I so appreciate your reconsideration and validation! After reading your first post I was rethinking not just my post but my entire life. You're 'valid to non-valid ratio' rule is inspired thinking. I thank you for showing me a new way to look at this debacle! Yes, I have been through two trucks and sure I've made twenty plus visits to a dealer that is an hour and fifteen minutes away. Sure they shattered the giant sunroof and never cleaned up the glass (after I gave them three trys without complaining) but I didn't fully investigate the mirror dipping option and that just makes me wrong... I need to face that fact.

I shudder for the people around you.

"Daddy, I got an A in math and I'm the captain of the football team. My girlfriend is the smartest and prettiest girl in 5 counties. Aren't you proud of me?"

"I would be son except you unforgivable neglected to fully research the Playstation2 manual before you asked someone online how to format your memory card, so regretable you've ruined the internet". "Thus I must cast you out."
All apparent sarcasm aside, you seem to be putting yourself in a pretty high position given your admitted lack of knowledge of the manual or other basic material that may have addressed your concerns.

askewed said:
On a side. Like you, I too have a rule for taking other seriously. I try not to take advice from people with horrendous grammar skills... and your sentence structure leaves a bit to be desired. I call that my 'intelligence to poorly thought out and conveyed advice ratio' rule.

For referrals sake this is the sentence that took you out of my "trusted advisors" circle... "These are may be valid, but if you make 9 true statements and one false - whoever (like me) catches you on the false statement will discount the rest. "

I'll break it down for you. "These are may be valid,". There is just not a lot correct in that sentence. Then you used two numbers in one sentence. One is a digit and one is spelled out, poor form indeed.

Anyway glass houses and all, Happy new year!
Are you serious? You've spent that much bandwidth pointing out a couple minor errors in an internet post? Nice strawman.

This thread has about exceeded its usefulness for new posts.

T

Tomasz

Two cars and a hundred suspension errors is not acceptable. Focus on what is important, and forget about the NAV and mirrors as they only distract from the issue. Good luck with the suspension, and real reliability issues. (Or just sell the thing, they seem to hold their value around here.)

Happy New Year to you and all reading this as well.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rover1 said:
askewed, I believe you can adjust the dip in each mirror. with the older RR's you put it in reverse and then adjust each one where you want it. If you don't want one to dip, adjust it up to the normal position. Hope that works.
Now, why don't mine dip at all??? Was that just available with the HSE??
RM
Mirror memory and reverse "dipping" is part of the seat memory feature, which only exists on HSE in North America. Yes, with it enabled... you put the vehicle in Reverse... adjust the mirrors to your favorite "dipped" position and save. I'm pretty sure it's documented and it seems to work fine. (See my longer reply list.)

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wrong about the mirrors. Thanks to those who set me straight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo