Hey LR are you listening?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the RRS is honestly smaller, both externally and internally... both in reality and published specifications. I'm 6'4" and I barely fit in any vehicle. When I'm in the RRS, it's noticably smaller.

Regarding interior noise, it's about the same... though the stock tires do generate a different sound on the RRS. And, of course, it has a slightly different feel and drive... (non-Supercharged.)

RRS is just aimed differently... more bling, less utility... and they've found their market: it's a hot seller.

S

SChargedRRS

Tomas Z,
I agree that the RRS is a bling type SUV but I have never considered any of the newer RR or LR's a real off road SUV. SUV yes but then again, The Denali we had was an Excellent SUV. Seated 7, entertainment system, heated seats, all that stuff and fit all our camping stuff. And everything worked and people have no issues with GMC's. The problem for us was everyone has one. Plus with my wife being a Girls Scout troop leader we are always saddled with transporting the girls around and less parents got involved because we could seat 7. We wanted to get parents involved and we wanted to break away from the main stream. Quite honestly, we just like the style and uniqueness of the RRS. I just hope it turns out to be a solid vehicle. This is our first vehicle outside GM.

As for comfort, I never thought about the overall interior height of the RRS. I am 5'7 and wife is 5'2. The RRS is perfect for us. It maybe why I like the mannerism. The Denali can fit a 7 ft person...HaHa.

It's all good folks. I did not want to steal Askewd's thread. He is on a mission to get reimbursed. We are just bantering back and forth.

Anymore information Askewd?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SChargedRRS said:
I have never considered any of the newer RR or LR's a real off road SUV.
Well, that's twisted. Unlike the "poser" vehicles out there, all Land Rovers are amazing ******** off-road vehicles. Yes, many SUVs never go "off-road", but Land Rover has a higher percentage of real off-road enthusiasts than any other brand. What do you think the new Terrain Response is for?

Personally, if I didn't want extreme off-road capability and wanted a jewel instead of something more utilitarian... I'd look at the forthcoming Audi Q7 for a "luxury" SUV. 7-seats (less space than LR3, of course) and cross-over SUV sport styling.

S

SChargedRRS

Grommet,
Good point however with all the problems people seem to be having why would you want to take it off road, especially suspension?

I think the off road and SUV market have split. It used to be they were built tough to do both, now they do not. Yeah I have the Terrain Response but we will usually only use this when we head to snow or are put in a position to need the use of it. If you really feel the need to go off road, then Jeep or a Hummer is the best choice of truly capable off road vehicles that can carry people. I do not personally like either but they are directed at off road users, not SUV markets. SUV's are likes of RR, Lexus's 470, Benz ML class, Denali, Nissan Armada, sure they can do some off roading but are not designed or marketed to that audience. I have never seen a RR commercial showing them climbing a mountain, But every Hummer or Jeep commercial is somewhere on a mountain top.

Again, we bought the RRS as we liked the uniqueness, styling and performance, kind of a break from the norm. (I am still a bit apprehensive since I have no history with LRNA) I like the possibilities later with playing with the supercharger. But please keep in mind, people buy what they want for various reasons. Vehicles nowadays are becoming very application specific, my point in owning a 1 ton CC diesel powered truck. I can tow 18,000 lbs and have routinely. Not going to do that with any other vehicle.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Youre absolutely right, Land Rovers really should never be driven off road. Plus, the LR's aren't even "trail rated".

(note: to only be read with a HEAVY dose of sarcasm)

I can only wish that one day an ad agency will airlift an LR3 up to a mountain top, that would prove it was really truly the best 4x4

P

pbrover

Grommet why dont you send SChargedRRS the trucktrend link. By the way SCharged, I have a 99 Disco II that is modified and lifted and locked, and a 2001 Toyta Land Cruiser that is modified and lifted and I have been offroading for 15 years in all sorts of rigs. I'll say it for the rest of the forum..your so off base it is silly. My LR3 has no problem keeping up with either one of my highly modified rigs. Frankly, it is out of this world what it can do straight off the factory floor. You need to experience and research before speaking about what a Land Rover can do partner. Your like a golfer with 36 Handicap talking to golfers who have handicaps of 3 or less. We are all laughing dude!

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
S

SChargedRRS

I will end my posts here. I did not come here to debate this stuff. So I will retract my comments about Rover off road worthiness and stick with making HP. These debates are futile. I have followed many of them on many different forums. You have an opinion, I have opinion. you like what you like I like what I like. I would like to say, I wanna see you lift a LR3 with an airbag suspension......But again you mentioned off the show room floor. No Arguement. I bet a the new Tahoe could do what any of these do for $30K less IMHO. In closing I did not buy the RRS for an offroad vehicle. I am not going to subject and $80K vehicle to bushes and rocks. I got CJ friends I go that with on the Rubicon and Fordyce trails

Again Sorry Askewd for having this thread hijacked.

Best Regards

P

pbrover

I am not taking my LR3 on the Rubicon either, thats for Defenders and other rigs. I understand all your e-mails, just be somewhat realistic when commenting on the capabilites an LR3.

When it comes to LR's marketing when compared to Jeep and Hummer, well that is for another day and forum. By the way someday new Hemi Jeep Grand Cherokee poster might say I would never buy a SChargedRRS for a street ride they are for off-roading only...I think the hair on the back of your neck would stand up too!

Finally, well you had better bring a Z71 Tahoe if you want to make it half way through the competion. Do new Tahoe's only cost $18k now? This LR3 crowd will take care of the Hummers and Jeeps on the dirt if you can promise to take care of the BMW X5's and Mercedes Soap Boxes, and that new Hemi Jeep Grand Cherokee on the street. Welcome to the Land Rover Family

P

pbrover

One final note, if I was Jeep "Head", I bet my new Jeep Hemi SRT8 for $30k less could do anything your SChargedRRS could to do. Now would you rather drive a Land Rover, Jeep or Tahoe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72