Highest mileage LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 with 220k kms (138k miles). Yearly OCI about 10 k kms (6k miles). Will see oil indicator drop from full to halfway (but level OK) so about 1/2 quart to 1 quart.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
120k and it uses a very small amount. Maybe .5 to 1 quart between oil changes (7500 miles)

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@quijote…. would you go for a drive, please ;)

I used to drive from Ottawa to Boston a lot. May I propose an outing to Kennebunkport Maine? Manchester VT? Bar Harbour? or just Mount Washington?

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@quijote…. would you go for a drive, please ;)

I used to drive from Ottawa to Boston a lot. May I propose an outing to Kennebunkport Maine? Manchester VT? Bar Harbour? or just Mount Washington?
Hey, it is THE family car for trips. This thing has been everywhere including Canada dozens of times. It's also the only way to transport our Berner. We have other cars and I am glad it has low miles because we love it since we bought it new and 10+ years later we see no reason to sell it. My son is learning to drive on it now. It's just not a daily. I have a commuter and a weekend sports car. My wife has her own car too. So it fills a lot of small holes, but it just doesn't get driven every day.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got my LR4 in July 2023 w/97k mi I changed the oil then ran it hard _on the street and freeway keeping the revs high in the RPM range where the power is. On the 3rd day I took it to a shop to get my a-arms looked at and the guy said it was a 1/2 qt low. I was surprised and he was right. It was ~50 miles worth of driving. Since then I haven't used any measurable oil in 5k miles. I still get on it but I don't drive it that hard even though I could and it can handle it.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rovers in general are highly dependent on prior owners taking good care of the vehicle.

When I go to work with coworkers who are decidedly "non car" people - or just "car people" enough to buy a nice car and that's about it - it scares me how little they actually care about their cars. Low tire pressure lights, other random warning lights, etc. They don't care.

I can't live with a warning light. It gnaws at me.

I think that may explain the wild fluctuation in problems people see at certain miles in their Land Rovers. All LR4s are at the age now where there's a good chance they've had an owner who just jiffylubed the oil changes at around 12k miles and lived with the rest.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM