How To Jump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nah thank you tlt I guess I'll just call the breakdown lorry when the compressor arrives.
I am in Mexico jwest, an IIDtool would take as much time to arrive, I guess I'll just leave the LR3 parked until the new AMK is installed.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Mexico jwest, an IIDtool would take as much time to arrive, I guess I'll just leave the LR3 parked until the new AMK is installed.

Maybe you are not understanding my point, you NEED to have the IIDtool regardless of the situation at this moment.

schwaggy

Reaction score
Maybe you are not understanding my point, you NEED to have the IIDtool regardless of the situation at this moment.

He said his mechanic would update the ECU for the AMK. I'd confirm that point, however.

You need to ask the mechanic if he's certain he knows what he's doing and understands there's a software update needed.

Does he have a nanocom/hawkeye/IID, etc?

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said his mechanic would update the ECU for the AMK. I'd confirm that point, however.

You need to ask the mechanic if he's certain he knows what he's doing and understands there's a software update needed.

It seems like he is aware of it bc when he mailed me the budget it said "labour hours and programming...$$$"
So I am guessing he knows that reprogramming the ECU is necessary, I will of course mention it.

I only take my LR to his shop because he has a load of high end cars including Range Rovers sport and full size, Mercs, Audis, Porsche, etc. and quite a few LR3s and 4s so I hope he knows what he's doing

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ok, look, you're missing my point too. So, I'll try again in too many words:

Anybody living where there are fewer options for dealing with an LR3 should own an IIDtool so that they can read codes and know what's going on as well as clear codes and such. This will put the owner in a better position of knowledge/power. I say this in part because of the comments made regarding less trustworthy shops and that sort of thing but also for the normal reasons we in the US get the tool. I have it so that if I get a goofy fault that hinders my movement, I can clear it/reset, and be on my way again. At the very least I can find out what's going on.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh hahaha yah I will eventually buy one, but as I finished uni a bit under 2 months ago I don't really want to spend in anything that's not compulsory as you may imagine a freshly graduated's pocket is not particularly deep hahahah.
The compressor swap is expensive enough not to mention service to the diffs (and oil change) is due before year's end

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to agree with Jwest, get an IID tool now.

I'm also curious, can you not drive it with a suspension fault? I drove mine on the bump stops before, it was rough but doable.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't suggest driving on bumpstops....at least not over 30 mph. If it feels bad it probably IS bad (for the vehicle). Just my own philosophy.

@Bearish: I think the $400 for an IIDTool is money well spent, even if it's a stretch for your tight budget. It will likely save you money in the short and long term.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also curious, can you not drive it with a suspension fault? I drove mine on the bump stops before, it was rough but doable.

Suspension is down down as low as it can possibly be and the compressor is dead, I may be able to but as Houm says, if it feels bad it is bad.

besides I don't need to drive it I have another car. Just wanted to spare the breakdown lorry but well, this is a breakdown so I guess it's alright hahahah

As soon as I get a job I'll buy the iidtool paying for the compressor has left me literally out of quid :hmpf:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge