I bought it......Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iznof

Reaction score
I went out and bought the discovery on friday. Its been really good so far, with the exception of a slight groaning. The dealer said that this was because of the ACE system..is this true?
Another question for everyone, what tires do you use on your trucks? I have the 18" stock wheels so im not sure what my options are for a larger off road tire geared toward snow and dirt. I have been looking at the bridgestone comp TA tires.....but im not sure. These things cost 2x what I paid for 18" 40 series tires for the Acura! Also what does it mean if the original invoice for the vehicle says that it has "front and rear fog lights." I know that I have them in the front obviously but what the hell are they talking about for the rear of the car?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Groaning? only when you start and turn the car off?

Tires? Depends on how big a lift. I like my 265/75 R16's. What year is the Rover?

Rear fog lights? Haha! have no clue. Never heard of that...

Heem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the rear fog lights. on my 96 the switch is on the left of steering wheel, 2nd one down. dont know about on your year. It's a super bright rear light, in the tail light - it's really a brittish thing, you don't see them on american cars, or most cars imported into the states for that matter. I find them useful mostly when I have a tail-gater hehe.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If u really planning to get this one offroad - swap 18" to 16 or even 15. Not only your choice of sizes widens (and cost less actually), but it also will preserve rims better and increase flotation where you need it. Or just keep 18" for street and get 15" for offroading tyres..

In rear of car "fog" lights" are additional red lamps that turns on and increasing visibility of your vehicle from rear. They almost look like stop lights (good way to freak out them tailgaiting people without actually hitting brakes). On D1 they were on sides, but i think on D2 they got moved down closer to bumper. Not sure though. Basically - turn on them fogs and check out in rear - you will see extra lights :)

iznof

Reaction score
It groans just a bit when coasting in gear, but at higher speeds it makes no noise.

iznof

Reaction score
Sergei said:
If u really planning to get this one offroad - swap 18" to 16 or even 15. Not only your choice of sizes widens (and cost less actually), but it also will preserve rims better and increase flotation where you need it. Or just keep 18" for street and get 15" for offroading tyres..

In rear of car "fog" lights" are additional red lamps that turns on and increasing visibility of your vehicle from rear. They almost look like stop lights (good way to freak out them tailgaiting people without actually hitting brakes). On D1 they were on sides, but i think on D2 they got moved down closer to bumper. Not sure though. Basically - turn on them fogs and check out in rear - you will see extra lights :)

Theyre right there on the bottom and the switch is under the one for the normal fog lights. Thanks!

285 65 18 in this is what I was thinking about doing(All-Terrain T/A)
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/catalog/index_7.jsp. I wont be doing any trail type activities in the imediate future so im not sure how much side wall I'm going to need. I will however be going to the mountain every weekend for skiing/snow. I will probably keep the truck at stock height for a year or so while I learn more about it. Any other options you guys can think of? I'd like to get smaller rims but dont want to pay for them right now, they all seam kind of spendy for stock mag wheels.....

iznof

Reaction score
If the tires I have are 255 55 r18 what is the size of the newer BFG's going to be compared to the ones currently on the truck?

A

ayavner

re the Groaning noise.. that is what I had referred to as a "whining" noise in some of my previous posts, and I have come to believe it is normal. Basically a whirring noise that increases in pitch w/ engine revs, even in Park. But, once in the higer speeds, goes away. I used Sergei's technique of a metal rod to the ear and touching on all the parts, and the ACE pump was the only one that makes any kinda noise like this.

I just changed out the fluid and filter in it this weekend, and left a how-to article in the tech section.

Think i would like to get off these Michelin Synchrones.. they are nice enough, but don't know that i really want to take them off-road.

Welcome!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635