I got a problem...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

discomike

An overhaul only if the seals in the valve body have hardened too much, other wise it is still worth the expense. I think it is worth spending the money on, only because it can reverse, to some extent, or slow the failure problem down until you are ready to stimulate the economy.
Mike J.

M

marc olivares

in my experience, when replacing fluid (and/or filter) in a high mileage trans, the highly concentrated detergent of the new fluid will typically wipes out whats left of the clutch plates. of the zf trannys the i have overhauled, the valve body pluging is a result of a wiped out plate.

what ever the case, replace the fluid with synthetic fluid. yes it's more expensive, but the break down temps are often 3 to 4 times higher.
cooler temps result in less wear.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slip Trans

jcabrera, you have the symptom of a plugged oil pickup filter. When the oils cold it's thicker hence low or no flow, when hot and thinner more flow.This can lead to trans failure if you continue driving it. If it's high mileage the flushing will stir up a mess. Filter and top off, "Get-R-Done". Carl......o&o>....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72