If you were wondering about Jeeps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does my Disco measure up to the Jeep Rubicon? I often wondered this very question. Well it was my pleasure to do some wheeling with my cousin who just got one a few months ago. The Rubi is a very nice off roader, Locker, 32" BF's, electric stabilizer releases and Tera Low. I love the Tera low. We need a gear reduction box like this.
It was *** for tat for the couple hours we wheeled, playing "follow the leader" So far so good right? We had planned on the whole day but it was cut short by my partner hydro seizing his Jeep in under a foot of water. Yes you heard me right! It was actually only around 8 inches of standing water. The Manuel states that this vehicle is capable of doing 29" of water. The problem lies with the dumbest air box design I have ever witnessed! It funnels the water directly into the motor. OK well stuff happens and Jeep has a life time warranty so it should be covered right? Wrong! Even though there is a kick a$$ warranty and it was 8" not 29" and an obvious design flaw they will not cover it and he has to pay out of pocket.
So in conclusion I liked the Rubi and a snorkel would have prevented the problem but I would not own one. It hooked up fine, but the articulation wasn't there, Not that my disco is a magician in the mud but it started getting old pulling him out, and he blew the motor.
If your looking for a status or a Mall crawler this might be a good vehicle. To me it would be a nice vehicle for the wife to screw around in. If your set on getting a jeep, I would get an older one and build it. I have had a few Jeeps in the past that were worked and I loved them. The Rubicon was a big disappointment for obvious reasons. Most of this story was Just My Opinion and should not reflect on your decision of this vehicle.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of Chrysler Products... You should see where the intake is located on my wifes Town and Country... 8 inches would be nice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo