Ipod Interface Through Nav-Tv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
grommet said:
Grendal_Fly, using the expensive Nav-TV video input "tuner" hack and playing the video on the Navigation screen is easily possible... though the controls won't be Touchscreen. Actually, you don't even need the Nav-TV hack if you're willing to use test mode. Just a cable with appropriate connector (or some soldering) to a connector on the rear of the Touchscreen. No need to prove functionality.

If you do have the DVD, I'm curious where the changer/player is installed, though. They aren't that easy to hide... and most won't fit in the glovebox. If you don't have rear screens, it's a little odd to install it somewhere in the rear...
Grommet,
I do understand this, but I want to see where this "DVD changer" is installed since I have been looking at doing a rear screen install.

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
Matt_Grim2 said:
The Dvd player is installed under the front right seat...

That is where the regular NAV dvd player is. How small is this changer??

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grendal_Fly said:
That is where the regular NAV dvd player is. How small is this changer??
My 05 hse7 has the amp under the pass seat and the nav dvd under the driver seat. I can't for the life of me see being able to stuff a multi disc player under them, but I'm not a bright 20 yr old college student like Matt either :biggrin:
Cheers
John

Last edited by a moderator:
S

schafari

I was thinking about putting a DVD player under the psngr seat. The H/K amp is huge however. Could not get any good mounting options. Matt: How is your DVD player mounted under the psngr seat? Can you take a couple of pics. What model is it? It has to be pretty darn small. Please advise.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, Matt... Either show us a picture of your DVD changer you have installed under the seat (along with the manufacturer name and specific model number)... or, if it's another "exaggeration", just fess up and we're done. It's obvious people here would like to know what is possible.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grommet said:
So, Matt... Either show us a picture of your DVD changer you have installed under the seat (along with the manufacturer name and specific model number)... or, if it's another "exaggeration", just fess up and we're done. It's obvious people here would like to know what is possible.
Grommet, no one is going to get a honest answer from Matt, so why bother?? IMHO he is a wannabe at best or probably a pathalogical(sp) liar.

What concerns me most is that newbees here will see he is a "Rover Guru" and believe his BS. You and several others on this forum know, care more about Land Rovers than this little dweb could possibly fathom, and are willing to share your knowledge with those who ask.

I would love to use stronger language to describe my absoulte distain for Matt, but I don't want to be Moose'd outa here ........NUFF SAID.

Cheers
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72