It never ends, is it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike - i got info on that product from one of spring issues of LRE magazine :) In fact i dont like what they printed out on EE site - its pretty much reprint from filtermag's own site (plus they charge you more than ordering directly). I am still not sure how it works on aluminium blocks and how it working out with fact that magnets loosing efficiency with temperature. But i sppse i can use dremmel with cutting thingy to split old filter open and check. Unfortunately i already took magnet off, but i think there still may be some evidence of efficiency or lack of.

Then again - my oil at about 1100 miles looked like tar when i changed it yesterday :) so i guess my engine cleanup quest is still ongoing. But at least i dont see any gunk in crankcase anymore and baked oil remains anywhere.

D

discomike

The magnet is not for the block wear but for the bearings, rings, crank, cam and lifter wear.
Heat should not effect the magnets ability and I would cut it onpen with a hack saw.
Let me know how it goes.
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike - Eh? Static magnets, when you heating them up - always loosing their magnetic abilities.. We did it in like 6th grade in school on physics lessons.. In fact if you overheat them - they can be damaged for forever and never be magnetic again..
Then again i never dealt with "rare earth magnets" before :)

And i dont have hacksaw anymore :) Someone borrowed it..

Last edited:
D

discomike

Hell, I don't know, maybe I spoke without checking first. I am going to look into it and get back to you.
Mike J.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72