It never ends, is it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Serg: These are my cats ...I welded them myself.. Just Kidding.

Attachments

• Cnv0135.jpg
    Cnv0135.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 98

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Melissa. So you got two exact same cats.. 6005 i presume.

I went one step up and just ordered magnaflow 9005 ones from completeexhaust.com.. Hope they will work :)
Now i just need to sit back and be nervious about order processing time :)

Last edited:

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Hey Serg that is my original Y-Pipe Assy.. Those in the picture ran me around 150.00 (OBD2 Compliant) ..With the install though .. The problem with ordering them off the web is that unless u can weld u will need to find someone to install them. I believe that Joey had a friend who was a welder ... I on the other hand do not know a welder (well there was this one guy but he had dog biscuits and never mind) .. So walking up to a muffler shop and handing them two cats was not possible for me b/c they all wanted to sell me some of their own goods.. I presume for the mark up?? Also, if I could make a recommendation.. I would remove the 02 sensors as well before you install the new assy/cats. I toasted one of mine because I failed to remove them before I had the welding job done...

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already been down the road at muffler shops :)

60-75$ for welding both on. They were ready to sell me ones from stock but i told them that i consider 140$/piece,even for magnaflow a wee bit steep :) So we agreed that i will bring me own and they will weld it on.

Now if only i can get groaning sound sorted out - i'd be happy as pig in blanky :)

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red: "We are now see that you are truly deserving"
Zim: "Yes. Yes i am" :))

Its just sheer luck of having 3 shops in walking distance (<10min) and living in small city. They know that if they wont do it - i just will go to welding shop :) Still kills me how much they wanted for converter though.. Free market :)

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok.. anyone know good and easy way to cut oil filter open? I am all curios - just finished engine flush and old K&N draining in garage, waiting to be opened and inspected :)

Huge thanks both Mikes for telling me part# for long K&N filter - i installed it - we shall see if it does any better.

Something apparently been blocked b/c noise slowly going away after flush and oil change. Still getting some noises from idle tensioner pulley - can someone share how bloody thing can be rebuilt? I remember seeing something about going to NAPA store and getting bearings or something.. But its been too long ago.

Cats been ordered and allegedly dropped to UPS today with ground service. Depending on where them completeexhaust folkz sitting it may take a while to get things here, but i am looking forward to fix that issue..

And i finally got around to set up rev limits to 5.500 Rpms.. we shall see how it will work out..

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Hey sergei,

NAPA #6203RSJ

for the idler pulley bearing, should be $6.50 or $11 seems to be the two prices NAPA is selling them at.

When mine went out it sounded like an electric motor being spun out, kind of like a dot matrix printer I suppose.

Justin

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cat replacement

Uzbad, the Car Sound cats were 2 1/4" x 16" long, flat style like the one on the right side. The down pipe after the O2 is 2.100" OD, you will have to flair the end to fit the cats (slip inside).The right cat fits tight, 1/4" from the frame and 1/2" from the drive shaft. The left cats flat also but replaces the round beer can of Rovers. On the left cat the stub was shortened because the O2 is close. The left cat was rolled app 40 degrees from vertical to get clearance between the heat shield and sway-bar. After the cats you'll need two stubs app 6" long with app 8 and 11 degree bend at the cat exit to line up with the existing pipe (Y). The only numbers on the cats are production codes no model numbers. The real low smog numbers i posted are with O2 senders that have 93,000 miles on them. My muffler and pipe supplier sold me the cats $ 53.00 each cash and carry, i have Mig and Tig, easy repair. While the Y pipe is off look at the port area with a old gasket, theres room for improvement with the grinder inside the flange and inside the exhaust manifold.
If you want to get sick look at the port misalignment between intake and heads. Hope this helps, Carl.....................o&o>.................................

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin - thanks, man! Appreciate that! I'll also try to X-reference it with timken chums - as i got distributor right down the street from office.. And NAPA is like 7 mins drive :)

Carl - thanks, i ordered 9400 series ones, seeing that this was exact same ones that muffler shop tried to sell me. They will weld it on, seeing that i dont have any good welding exp. and i dont mine coughing up money for that kind of job, seeing i definetly dont want learn how to weld on my Y-pipe :) Only thing i really like them to do, while they are at it is to take cross-member off and replace bloody transmission filter. So i am may be looking at extra hundred or so on top.. We shall see :) May be i will chicken out from spending those money till later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72