I've got gas issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joedirte

Reaction score
Yes, it's true. My LR4 is giving me gas pains and I was wondering if anyone has encountered this issue yet. My gas gauge isn't registering a full tank of gas, and instead is showing it as bone dry. Even the distance to empty calculator is saying 0 miles to empty. Anyone seen this before?

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, I went through this issue a few months back. The problem is a faulty tank sensor, it is covered under warranty (of course) and your delearship should be familiar with the issue.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen this issue on the LR4. I had a similar issue on my 05 Pathfinder. They replaced the sending unit inside the tank and it was all good.

Rob

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this problem with my 98 Mercedes ML320. On every fill up, it will go to empty. It will register properly again after about 20 miles of driving and a restart.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sender issue covered under warranty - mine happened driving off the lot the day I bought it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM