Just bought a lr3-head rest question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaRebell

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am buying a 2007 LR3 se. Wondering are the front seat headrest removable? Or has anyone installed dvd screens in their head rest? Any info would be a great help for me and the Kiddie'Os. I'm new to the land rover so I will need plenty of advice in the future!!!

Thanks!!

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dvd is a great way to keep kids from learning anything useful....

but you can hang ipads on the back with various aftermarket contraptions.

anything is "removable" but at what cost or damage is the question. the lr3 headrests are not meant to move or be removed. It would be quite the job to pull them and their grab handles apart but maybe an interiors shop could help you swap out lr3 seat backs for lr4 or some other idea.

just get 'em ipads ;) or look out the windows, sing, play games, fight, etc.

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's easy job.

The headrest are easy to take off. It's a 10 minute job for each side. Pop off the plastic covers unscrew Torx screw slide off. I think it's a 20 or 25 Torx.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The headrest are easy to take off. It's a 10 minute job for each side. Pop off the plastic covers unscrew Torx screw slide off. I think it's a 20 or 25 Torx.

Maybe so, but then what? You have holes and just a headrest without handles. Is it possible the thing can be upgraded/swapped to the adjustable versions ? If so, I'd like to put some other type if the posts are the same size and fit!

proslambanomenos

Reaction score
my first lr3 had screens in the factory headrests and the dvd player was located in the upper glove compartment, so it can definitely be done, but alas i cannot provide you any more information on the subject.

sadly, that vehicle met its demise two years ago when a solid black cow decided her best vantage point of the world was to straddle two lanes at midnight on a highway in the middle of nowhere.

an aside: i'll never understand why it was my liability when i hit that open range cow and had to pay the rancher two thousand. if i left a big object in the middle of a road and someone struck it, surely it would be my fault? some things i'll never understand...

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you were not doing a number of things that could've avoided hitting cattle.

proslambanomenos

Reaction score
Yeah, I suppose I could've been home watching another riveting episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians. It turns out I was returning to camp via Utah 313 after a long day of sight seeing and trail running with my 8yo son.

uoflcardfan77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean you couldn't hear the cows "horns". You must not have been paying attention, or you may have been eating a hamburger at that time and she sacrificed her life to teach you a lesson about the dangers of eating "beef" while driving. LOL

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That DVD player in the middle is the best.

I have 3 kids back there and on 2+ hour trips once they start getting too crazy it's the only thing that settles them down.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99