Knocking from engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

petersindy

Just changed Spark Plugs along with Cap and rotor arm, Oil change now I have this problem knocking. Is it the timing or something else?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Knocking when Idle, or knocking all the time?

If when Idle, I would check the oil pick up tube in the oil pan... may be clogged. If knocking all the time... then check it fast :)

P

petersindy

knocking only on idle, and on excellaration the car seems to putter at low end. could it be a vacume hose, timing...etc.

Thanks for your time CHEERS

cyberegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found out the hard way to verify I got the right parts from the Autoi Store. Once I was given the wrong spark plugs. I realized before I installed them, as they were way too long, and could have damaged the pistons. Double check you got the right parts.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
More info please.... year, mileage.. could still be the oil pick up tube, or cracked manifold..., but puttering at low end, could be cam wear... accually it could be a lot of things... more detail please.

D

disco1

Joey is correct. It's difficult at the best of times to do a diagnosis over the net, let alone with little information. Just on the side, how is your engine oil level? If it's low, top it up, allow the engine to run for a few minutes, and see if the noise still persists, otherwise, get back to us.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo