Knocking Sound.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treho54

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Discovery SE and the other day i heard a knocking sound coming from the front passengers side wheel area. i stopped the LR and when i bent down to see if anything was hitting while my brother was turning the wheel back and forth, i heard a something that sounded like air being released. It wasn't from the tire, and the sound isnt constant. It almost sounds like how a piston would sound with the release of air and then knocking. Also i was in a accident and the idiots at the body shop fixed the exterior of the LR, but when i got it back, the steering is off. It feels like the steering column is bent a bit, and is not smooth, and you can feel a bump in the steering. I am not sure, but because the car was in an accident on the right side, could the impact have pushed something into the steering column bending it a slight, and if so, how do you fix questions (A), and (B).

All info, pics or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99