Land Rover LR3 reliability - how does it truly compare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edit? Who has time to do that.

I was mostly joking about the speed/mpg inconsistency. But I do have a fuel economy survey on my site, and follow up on odd submissions. One guy claimed an average highway speed of 110. So I emailed him. And he really did live in an unpopulated area and commute five miles each way to work at 110 each day. Got 7 mpg in his Silverado SS pickup doing it.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3 owners keeping trickling in, thanks guys. Now just four short of the minimum needed to get started for the 2005, and nine short for the 2006. The 2007...well, need quite a few more of those, but each owner gets us one closer.

Last edited:

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now just seven short with the 2006. Still four away with the 2005. So close...

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have started with the 2005, and close to starting with the 2006. Those of you who have signed up to help, thanks, I appreciate it.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a few owners short of being able to start with the 2006.

With the 2005, results possible in February. Depends on how many owners respond to the surveys. More always helpful.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Vehicle reliability research

Dugn8r

Reaction score
Just bought a 2005 LR3 SE. THe week I had it, it was in the shop for an emergency brake failure. And trim pieces falling off. And the CD player not working. If you want absolute reliability, don't buy any British car. Buy an Asian one.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not making judgments like that, just getting better numbers out there so people can decide for themselves. Reliability isn't everything.

Should have first results for the 2005 in February. Just need a few more owners to start collecting data on the 2006.

Auto reliability research!

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now just three owners short of getting started with the 2006.

With the 2005, should know in a few weeks if there will be a result in February. All depends on how many respond to the survey--every response is critical at this point.

Auto reliability research -- need more LR3s!

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main survey now includes the 2006 as well as the 2005. Thanks, guys.

That said, more participants will probably be needed for solid results. The more, the better.

For the details, and to sign up to help, go here:

Auto reliability research

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just registered my '05, but I can't figure out how to do the survey. This process seems really convoluted to me.

David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo