Land Rover LR3 reliability - how does it truly compare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're not the only one confused--it's something I'll be working on as part of a site redesign.

Currently, the only way to access the main survey is by clicking on a link in an email I send out. The next one of these goes out tomorrow. The link is encoded, so it takes you straight to the survey with no need to log in. I thought this would be simplest.

But many people wander around the site looking for the survey to fill out. There are other surveys on the site, but not the main one. So they figure they're just not looking in the right place, when there's simply no way to get to it by going to the site.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple people have emailed me recently seeking reliability info on the LR3. There haven't been enough responses to include the model in this month's results, but May seems likely. Additional participants would make a result in May more likely.

Details here:

Vehicle reliability research

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few more owners have signed up for the 2004 and 2005 recently, so the odds for results in May are looking good. As always, additional participants would be helpful. Still not enough to include 2006-2008 in the survey.

For the details, and to help us provide solid results for all model years:

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far we're 2/3 of the way to the number of responses needed for a result for the 2005 in February. The 2006 is about half way.

If you've signed up to participate but haven't yet responded to the survey (via a link in the email you received), please do. And if you haven't signed up yet, I hope you'll consider doing so. I'd really like to have these results in May.

Last edited:

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like there will be a result for the 2005 in May, but not the 2006. Should have both in August.

Based on a very small amount of data, it looks like the 2006 might require considerably fewer repairs.

There are still a few days to respond this month, if you signed up earlier. New participants would help make better results possible in August.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That result for the 2005 has been posted. As implied earlier, the repair rate is high for a 2005 model, even taking into account the small sample size.

I'd like to have a larger sample size for the 2005 and a result for the 2006 in August. But need owners' help to make this happen.

For the full set of results, and sign up to help (if you haven't already):

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2005 LR3 SE. THe week I had it, it was in the shop for an emergency brake failure. And trim pieces falling off. And the CD player not working. If you want absolute reliability, don't buy any British car. Buy an Asian one.

Because Toyota is just oozing quality this past year right? Can you say Tundra, not to mention the issues with their older Tacoma 2004 and prior pickup frames rusting/rotting through.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, they didn't rot through right away... :smile:

The Tundra has a worse than average repair rate in TrueDelta's survey, but it's not nearly the worst.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting close to the August update.

The 2005 and 2006 LR3 will be in there, but probably with asterisks for marginal sample sizes.

If you've signed up to participate but haven't yet responded to the survey (via a link in the email you received), please do. And if you haven't signed up yet, I hope you'll consider doing so. I'd really like to avoid those asterisks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo