LED headlight question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and just bought my '13 LR4 a couple months ago. I got the base model which does not have the LED's in the headlight. The guy at the dealer said it is impossible to switch My headlights with the headlights that have the LEDs like on an HSE model. Does anyone know if he is correct? I would love to swap out my headlights for the ones with LED's.

Thank You,
Brent

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search the disco3..co..uk site (remove the extra periods). I noticed a couple posts there recently about folks carefully taking the headlights apart and adding LED strips.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were in your shoes, I would wait it out a bit to see if you can retrofit 2014 headlights with daytime running lights. the led's on 2010-2013 are not that bright and you will have turn them on manually. The only downside is you will lose the high beam fill light on your current headlight. (not sure if it makes much difference, no one has compared the two side by side yet)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's weird, I thought all trim levels after 2010 had the LED accent lights. I know for 2010, only the Lux package had the LED lights. I know some folks have done the LED strips down under the fog lights.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search the disco3..co..uk site (remove the extra periods). I noticed a couple posts there recently about folks carefully taking the headlights apart and adding LED strips.

They also have threads on how to black out the lights (dark or black interior). It looks pretty good (then again I love everything blacked out pretty much - too many years driving BMWs).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99