Lifting the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm sure some of you have heard about this. well i finally did it and i must say although i have not fully reaped the benefits like slightly bigger tires it is definitely a cool thing to have done. so now my old off road height in the normal height witch eliminated the speed limiter and the new off road height is around extended mode. this was done by shortening the rods that connect the suspension arm to the height sensor exactly 10mm. for all you skeptics it did work and if anyone has anymore questions about it i'mglad to answer your inquires. i am also considering making a few sets of these with a buddy of mine for people who would rather not do it themselves let me know if any of you would be interested in that also.

-Noah

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool Randall. Enjoy the height. I know a few people who've done this for about a year now, no issues to note.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm sure some of you have heard about this. well i finally did it and i must say although i have not fully reaped the benefits like slightly bigger tires it is definitely a cool thing to have done. so now my old off road height in the normal height witch eliminated the speed limiter and the new off road height is around extended mode. this was done by shortening the rods that connect the suspension arm to the height sensor exactly 10mm. for all you skeptics it did work and if anyone has anymore questions about it i'mglad to answer your inquires. i am also considering making a few sets of these with a buddy of mine for people who would rather not do it themselves let me know if any of you would be interested in that also.

-Noah
Sounds great Randall. So does this mean your old ride height is now your access
height? Also what would it cost? Did you fabricate new rods or shorten the stock
ones. Would it void certain warranties ?

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Randall, can you achieve "access height" anymore?

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it voids any warranties but i don't think so. i shortened them instead of replacing them with metal rods but plan to come up with a way of having interchangeable lengths. And no the old access height is not available. the new access height is like the old normal height but i hardly ever used that feature anyway.

-Noah

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see...well that's cool, the LR3 could use more ground clearance! I wonder how that affects your side-slope capability.

I need Access height; I have a low parking garage under my condo ! I also have the X-bars and they'd get damaged if I'm not locked into Access height.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i'll let you know if i come up with an interchangeable solution other than just having two full sets.

-Noah

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool - can you post pics? Something where you have the camera stationary and take a profile shot with each of the different heights would be very cool.

-Rich

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any issues with camber and tire wear?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo