Light Issues BIG TIME!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

RadRocker

I hooked up a trailer for a while and got the lights all messed up!

1. Inside Speedo lights and a/c lights out at night.
2. Rear right brake lights out.

Anyone have an idea of what the crap I did? I have taken the trailer wires off. Is there a fuse for all of the internal lights? Thanks everyone.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty sure there is a fuse, but it could also be something shorted out...

If you would have said all tail lights out, and dask lights I would have said the headlight switch was bad.... but... doesn't sound like that.

R

RadRocker

i must have really screwed something up. I will check it out Monday and look for a fuse.

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had a similar problem on my 1998 - and if it's the same problem there is a simple workaround (Although in the end you may want to replace the unit). When the switch is supposed to have all lights on, but just headlights light up, try clicking one more time. It's going to feel like your about to break the unit, but in fact you can get another (not intended) click out of it. After you do that all the lights should come on.

With mine it's just a worn out unit. Eventually I'll get to replacing it - but until I un-become cheap this will do.

Let me know if this method works. And FYI, I think the fact you plugged in the trailer before this happened was a coincidence, and it can't be a fuse issue. (Notice, with parking lights on everything lights up fine)

Rich

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635