Lights question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

LyleBrowning

My newly inherited '69 IIA had headlights that worked, then quit, had wipers that worked, then quit, etc. After reading the wiring diagram and working out which bullet connectors were unattached and after cleaning them, etc. I worked out through trial and error that I first had to have the side lamps on before I could turn on the headlamps.

Is this the "factory setting" or am I looking at re-jiggerd wiring? Any info gratefully received.

T

tuko

"I worked out through trial and error that I first had to have the side lamps on before I could turn on the headlamps."

Yes, thats how the 3 position headlight switch works.

Todd.

L

LyleBrowning

Mine has two separate switches on the dashboard, one for headlamps and one for side lights. Is that a 3 position switch?

T

tuko

No, sounds to me that the wiring has been hacked at one time.

The extra switch your talking about is for the instrument lights.

The "side lights" should come on, when the main light switch is in the center position, then in the lower or full position, all the lights ( driving and side ) should be on.

Todd.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72