LIMITED inventory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody else frustrated with the egregiously limited inventory of 2014's right now? I've been looking at every dealership from Philadelphia to Richmond, VA. They either none or one or two. I would say 90% of them are Black/Black. Ugh! Is this normal? I don't remember new MY's trickling out like this. Maybe I'm just noticing it because I, getting antsy to replace my 2011.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I saw last year, it was about the same. Very limited inventory. It is probably worse now. They just can't make them fast enough.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know of a guy who ordered a full size RR. 10 months before he receives it. This was from a dealership in the Midwest. They said it used to be about 3-4 months until they came out with the new RR body. Now the wait is long because supply can't keep up with demand.

As for the LR4, it does baffle me that they have do many black on black or white on black and so many without the dual transfer case. And so few LUX. But they don't like to have them sitting around in their lots and apparently the other colors and more expensive options don't sell as quickly.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer had 2 LR4s on their lot and then received a shipment of 5 more when I was looking at LR4s at the beginning of February. They were back down to 2 within 2 weeks. All the LR4s were black, white, or grey with black interior. Only one had the HD package but it had nothing else. They still have a Causeway Grey LUX with vision assist and the 20" black design package. The other is a Santorini Black base.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe it. I was at my dealer about three weeks ago and they must have had 20 LR4s on the lot. Doubt they were 14s. You go to their website and they say they have 1 in inventory. Sleight of hand, boys.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that they have so many black interiors. My dealership also has an allotment for a bunch of LR4s. They told me 10 and if I remember the were all LUX. But they ALL had a black interior. The exterior was white or black. And none had the heavy duty package. They do still have a Causeway Grey HSE with Vision and Almond interior on the floor.

Interestingly, they have a half dozen or more Evoques. And a green RRS that they have been trying to sell for at least 2 months.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have seen 2013's and some used models. I took a 2011 for a drive and it had clearly been a "smoker's" truck. I also saw a 2013 HSE in Bronze w/ Almond at a dealership in Texas.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe it. I was at my dealer about three weeks ago and they must have had 20 LR4s on the lot. Doubt they were 14s. You go to their website and they say they have 1 in inventory. Sleight of hand, boys.

Good point. My local dealer could easily be hiding excess inventory in another lot to try to move their older inventory first.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No doubt... all the dealerships around me that I've seen are FLUSH with Evoques.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why dealers order so many "black" interiors. I've had it explained to me that they are male and order strong colors, but I don't know if that's the case. Maybe they sit on the lot longer and hence have more in inventory.

Black is hot as hell shows cracks easy. Personal opinion, but not a fan.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM