LIMITED inventory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted a Black interior and couldn't find it for the life of me. Gave up and took an Arabica as my #2 selection and not wanting to wait 4-5 months for my special order.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind, low inventory + high demand = you pay sticker price or more. I was recently talking to a LR salesman and they are not even interested in haggling or talking discounts. There's no reason to. The inventory is out there. It's just a technique to artificially increase profit per unit.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Much depends on what you want. As I shared earlier my dealership in Littleton, CO is actually a merger of what was two separate dealer locations. They are treating them like a new dealership and therefore giving them lots of inventory to help them ramp up. But, all the LR4s have black interiors and black or white exteriors and I don't know if any are LUX. No heavy duty. Who knows why. But apparently LR had a bunch stockpiled for purposes like this and they made them all in their top selling colors.

If you want something outside of those parameters the supply of 2014s gets real thin real fast. There are also used ones on the lot.

Matt

Reaction score
One of he LR salesmen I spoke with earlier in the week was telling me the US will only see about 3500 LR4's come in to the country this year.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of he LR salesmen I spoke with earlier in the week was telling me the US will only see about 3500 LR4's come in to the country this year.

I had a sales guide tell me something similar a few weeks ago. He didn't give a specific number but did indicate that LR was producing as many LR4s as in previous years. I just thought he was giving me a line to make me want to get one right away as they had ONE on the lot at the time.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a sales guide tell me something similar a few weeks ago. He didn't give a specific number but did indicate that LR was producing as many LR4s as in previous years. I just thought he was giving me a line to make me want to get one right away as they had ONE on the lot at the time.

My dealer told me the same thing. That the LR area manager had been at the dealership and told them that 2014 would be a small and short year for the LR4.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer told me the same thing. That the LR area manager had been at the dealership and told them that 2014 would be a small and short year for the LR4.

Wee ooh, wee oooh. . .******** alert (not you). Why start believing what a car salesman says now?

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read this website.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/land-rover-lr4-sales-figures.html

LR generally sells some 6,500 LR4s a year in the US. They sold more in January 2014 than last year (and previous years for that matter). They might just be short of vehicles because they had a big January relative to past years. They will catch up, but I seriously doubt they'd cut sales in the US by almost half.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM