Loaner price on 06?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR3&SD

Reaction score
Is $29,900 a good price for an 06 loaner with 12,000 miles?

It has the following...
5 Passenger
Heated Seats Pkg
Sunroof

Thanks!

xconcepts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 29K for a 05 with 38700 miles and its fully loaded but a 7 passenger.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get them to throw in an extended LR warranty! Sounds good and has low mileage. Hopefully they clean it up so it looks new when they hand it off to you.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty good price - our dealer here in the Springs has an '06 with bluetooth, sunroof (standard), front heated seats (standard), 5-passenger, V6 in Bonatti Gray for $29,995. It has 32k miles, but is CPO'd.

In my opinion, I'd take the lower mileage for the same price versus the CPO.

-Rich

LR3&SD

Reaction score
Thanks guys - the wife and I are going to check it out this weekend, hopefully it's in good condition...and we can finally pull the trigger!

Is there anything that is not covered by warranty that I should look out for? Besides checking tread depth and the general condition of the body -

it is the 4.4l too!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to purchase any accessories (hitch, rack, mud flaps, etc.) you may want to ask if they will be covered by the factory warranty if you add them at time of purchase. When buying new, if you add that stuff and have the dealer install it...it is covered with the rest of your car. If you add them yourself, no dice.

If you want to talk in any freebies into the sale, in addition to bargaining for an extended warranty, you could ask for the most recent Navigation map, and I find the loadspace mat very useful. It is a soft rubber mat that covers everything behind the rear seat. And floor mats of course.

When you buy it they'll probably check all SW for the recent updates and TSBs. Take it out for a drive, come to a coasting stop, hit the gas...make sure the car doesn't lurch forward (slam into gear un-natrually). If it does, there is a tranny SW update you need. (discussed here). That is something about a premature downshift when you come to a coasting stop. SW fix takes care of it. I think that problem was in '06s as well. I know I had it on my '05.

See how much brake life you have left. It is easy to peek at the pads. Some people have complained of early brake wear. If they're going, you may want to get the brakes done prior to purchase.

Good call on the tires. I'd also ask them to check the alignment before you drive it off the lot. That seems to go out quickly and I think the alignment specs have changed since the initial '06 release. Something I read on here. Anyway, start fresh!

That's all that comes to mind. 29K for a low mileage LR3 is a great deal! Enjoy it.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is the 4.4l too!
Whoa - that is a heck of a deal. Good stuff.

I agree with the other recommendations, with a little extra emphasis on having them check the alignment - you definitely want to make sure you aren't replacing the tires in the first few thousand miles.

Enjoy it!

-Rich

LR3&SD

Reaction score
Turns out they mixed up a V6 and V8 and said $29k for a V8 when the vehicle was a V6. So I got a different '06 LR3 with 8900 miles and the V8 for $32k. I still feel pretty good about that price... Drive home from Madison went well. I just stayed with the factory warranty.

It seems to like to downshift easily around 73 mph whenever there's a hill so I just put it in 6th gear manually. I could not see any loss of speed when it stayed in 6th. The mpg may be slightly better with a downshift, so that it is not lugging, but seems like wear and tear on the trans to be shifting a lot.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always drive in "sport" mode and like the way it shifts much better. Give it a try.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99