Looking at a few CPO cars, a few questions on what to look for.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would expect any HSE lr4 to have all the heated stuff. seats, steering wheel, windshield.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....trips to the NC ski resorts this year.

My thoughts on NC "ski" resorts are "waste of time" and "much more fun in the summer on a mountain bike" ;)

Snowshoe WV has been generally well worth the extra drive time.

bonz

Reaction score
It very may well. I just noticed this afternoon, haven't been able to talk to the sales person yet.

On a side note, I went and drove a 2015 J GC Overland yesterday. It was a 6 cylinder so I had to discount that as a comparison.
It was a pretty quick test as I had to be somewhere soon thereafter.
What I liked about the GC: from my brief exposure, I like the tech stuff, or infotainment center, looks pretty slick. I did think the center screen was hard to see and might need to be angled more towards the driver seat, but seemed far superior to the LR...don't think that's any surprise.
I think the GC is a good looking vehicle. As far as handling, unfortunately the drive was in the city, stop and go. I think it probably handles closer to the RR sport than the LR4. The 6cyl didn't help things, and I'm pretty sure if I were to get a GC it would have to be a V8.

In all honesty, I went into the test drive with an open mind. I actually feel funny about owning 2 of the same vehicle in the family, so I'm looking for alternatives. I've been driving the LR4 all week since the wife is out of town, so I have a better feeling for it. I can say in my short test drive of the jeep I just didn't get the same feeling that I do from the LR. I actually think its the vision from the cockpit. The LR4 gives me a commanding view and a sense of awareness and control. The interior is very comfortable seemingly unbusy, refined and uncomplicated, not to mention the cargo space. I could go on, but I feel like I'm selling myself.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The jeep GC is a CUV, the LR4 is a true SUV on a hybrid truck-unibody platform. there is really no comparison in terms of structure and what they can "do". The GC can go off "road" but it's basically like a Cayenne/VW Touareg which I do like, but they are still "cars".

Aside from that, there isn't even an opinion contest for view of the road. Cars are cars. I love my bmw wagon but it's a car and being in a GC or other car-like crossover/wanna be suv, is still like a car more than a truck.

bonz

Reaction score
My thoughts on NC "ski" resorts are "waste of time" and "much more fun in the summer on a mountain bike" ;)

Snowshoe WV has been generally well worth the extra drive time.

pretty much my thoughts too. I skied 13 days last year. Zero in NC. I do want to take a few days during the week this year to go up. Weekends, no thanks.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did you go? I cross country skied about 80 days last season ;)

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would expect any HSE lr4 to have all the heated stuff. seats, steering wheel, windshield.

I thought the same thing but I test drove one that was a base HSE with no heated seats, no heated wheel or windshield, no memory seat etc etc etc. There are base models out there with next to nothing just FYI.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the same thing but I test drove one that was a base HSE with no heated seats, no heated wheel or windshield, no memory seat etc etc etc. There are base models out there with next to nothing just FYI.

Then I no longer understand the point of an "HSE" if it can be missing such a basic option, to me anyway ;)

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink