LR3 compressor issues... trying to see if I can fix this....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

debennett2

Reaction score
20160320_095123.jpg

So I took on the task of trying to rebuild the compressor....before I get into what made me decide to do that with my limited knowledge of mechanics, I figured I'd just try asking:

I broke off the larger of the three tubes trying to get her out of the car. So, the first part of the question is: How can I replace or fix that tube the easiest? I'm in the US if that matters.

The second thing that happened is that one of the clips for the frame (for the 3 10mm bolts that hold the compressor frame to the vehicle's frame) also broke. Are these called something industry standard? If not, where might I get one of those the easiest?

The third and MOST IMPORTANT issue I had was that when trying to remove the broken off piece of tubing inside the compressor, I broke the brass ringed contraption. It's still not out so I have a two part question on this: CAn the rest of the bits be removed and if so, how? AND, can I find a replacement brass fitting for the friction fitment for that hole? If so, what would it be called/size?

I'm without the vehicle until I get this sorted so I appreciated any help! I have the compressor rebuilt besides the latter mess-up.

Thanks! Bad weekend...:frown:

Trynian

Reaction score
Your picture is not big enough for me to see it well. Get me some bigger ones and I will see if I can help.

The clip nut (Speed Nut) I think is what you are referring and they come in all sizes and variations. I can't remember what the one looks like for the compressor mount.

Trynian

Reaction score
That I believe is the Air intake line. I don't think you can replace just the fitting, but i would have to get up under there and take a look to be sure. A new air intake line runs about $65 depending on where you get it from. and not to hard to install. since it is the itake it does not hold any pressure so you may be able to figure out something by taking the fitting off.

Last edited:

debennett2

Reaction score
That I believe is the Air intake line. I don't think you can replace just the fitting, but i would have to get up under there and take a look to be sure. A new air intake line runs about $65 depending on where you get it from. and not to hard to install. since it is the itake it does not hold any pressure so you may be able to figure out something by taking the fitting off.

What about the brass push ring? It's broken. Can it be repaired?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99