lr3 sun roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woolrover

Reaction score
Anyone ever get a 05 Lr3 sunroof that would not close. any solutions out there?! its supposed to rain today. i have unhooked the battery cables in hopes it would reset the computers. I have held the close switch down for 20-30 seconds in hopes for the manual override (LR3 Manual). and i have checked the fuse for sunroof. Which it may be tied to some other fuse, you never know. Any other thoughts out there?

"Landrover, the car you hate to Love!"

woolrover.....

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That happened to me and the 20 second re-calibration worked. Are you sure the key was in the correct position to iniate the calibration?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes...sorry it didn't work. I timed it when I did this...and it came alive PRECISELY at the 20 second mark, which seemed like an eternity.

woolrover

Reaction score
yes, its a bit of a whip!! we have rain on the way. And I know this will not be cheap if this doesn't reset itself. think there might be something making it stick or a bad switch?

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to bump this thread, but today my sunroof wasn't closing, and there something in the way. It rolled back all the way, and locked up. It wouldn't close. Checked the fuse panel, and it started to pour rain. I got on this forum found this post, and wallah! The sunroof closed after 20 seconds of holding the close button. Great relief. Just thought I'd share my experience.

Last edited:

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I wanted to add that the 20 second switch hold does work but only a hand full of times. I found out that after several times of sticking, I looked up in the track area to see what was going on. I discovered that the plastic tracks had many hairline cracks throughout. Luckily, i had the entire sunroof assembly (except for the glass) replaced under warranty. Now, everything works at it should..

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hairline cracks in the sunroof tracks are a known problem and often dismissed as unimportant if not affecting operation, though a TSB supposedly exists on the subject. Search here if interested.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99