LR3 Sunroof Dilema

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K

kmyers

I have a 2005 LR3.We have a newborn baby and the sun that comes through the middle sunroof is terrible. The factory shades don't do anything. I asked my dealer if they had a solid shade and they didn't. Then I asked if they could Limo tint the sunroofs but they refused to do it because they said I could have a problem with teh glass shattering from heat. I didn't believe them so I called another dealer and they told me the same thing.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Not sure what to do. It's bad enough that I'm looking at other trucks.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can pay someone to recover the shade with opaque material. It should be fairly easy. Strange... In over 18 months, never had any trouble with the semi-opaque shades and sun causing grief.

K

kmyers

could be because i'm down in FL. It gets really bad. Who would you even get to recover? i though the limo tint was the answer to my problems,

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to go to your local Tallmouse, Joanne's, or Michaels craft store and cut a swatch of black felt, and 3M77 spray glue it to some cardboard cut to fit, slip it in place and be done with it.

N

NHESS81

agree with nwoods...no reason to make this an expensive affair, and certainly not a deal breaker! soon enough your baby will be able to take the sun, but for now, just get cardboard cut so you can wedge it up there, i was going to suggest pinning some fabric, but i like the cardboard idea better...

K

kmyers

That's a very simple solution. Thanks guys. I think my wife had her heart sent on teh new GL450. Wait till I tell her i have a solution.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you wanted to do the recover stuff... any custom shop that does interiors, seating, sunroof, etc. can do the work. I've seen it done. They remove the shades, cleanly place opaque material over it, and back it goes... still rolls up nicely.

K

kmyers

i cut out some cardboard today and it seems to work well. Hopefully this wont blow out the sunroof like teh claim the tint would? I still don't understand that.

M

Michael

I don't understand why Land Rover put a shade in that doesn't fully shade. I guess they don't get as much sun in the UK. It's a problem here in So. Cal., too. :cool:

Michael

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM