LR4 Bluetooth Compatibility with the iPhone 3GS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

btmalone

Reaction score
Anybody out there having compatibility issues between the LR4's Bluetooth and the iPhone 3GS? The problem manifests itself as follows: LR4 and iPhone are linked. Incoming phone call is picked up by the LR4's Bluetooth and I hear ringing through the car's audio system. I use the car to answer the call. At that point, the iPhone and the LR4/Bluetooth disconnect (Note: the call is not dropped) and I have to pick up the iPhone and take the call from the iPhone. Land Rover's website seems to indicate that no firmware revisions have been tested with the 3GS.

dstrickler

Reaction score
I only have 600 miles on my LR4, but it seems to be working well with my iPhone 3S. I can place and receive calls, although while I see the "directory" on the screen and can choose from it, the voice control says the directory is empty. Since I am so new to the car, this may be user error :rolleyes:

Also note I am getting a buzzing when I plug the iPod into the Aux connector in between the back seats. Not a huge problem, but I would like to get it resolved. I have not contacted the dealer yet.

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same thing happens, occasionally, with my 2G iPhone via BlueTooth in the LR4. A call rings through the cars audio, then when I answer, it kicks the call over to the phone which I then have to pick up. I am not sure this is not an iPhone issue though, a similar thing happened when I previously had it paired to a Garmin GPS unit via BT.

vivaldi1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 3GS iPhone and the LR4. Usually when I answer the call the LR4 system handles it, but occasionally I'll have to answer it on the iPhone itself. It's a little frustrating.

jattea

Reaction score
My experience with a 3GS is that it always works when dialing out, but when answering calls, it works about 75% of the time.

The other 25%, the audio reverts back to the iPhone. All you have to do is click Audio Source on the iphone, as switch from "iPhone" to "LAND ROVER"

tuphr

Reaction score
Iphone 3gs

Hey guys. The same problem here with answering calls. Also the ipod doesn't work. Anyone have the solution?:albertein

jattea

Reaction score
Hey guys. The same problem here with answering calls. Also the ipod doesn't work. Anyone have the solution?:albertein

All you have to do is click Audio Source on the iphone, as switch from "iPhone" to "LAND ROVER"

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 3g iphone. I have the same problem with incoming calls bouncing to the iphone and not on bluetooth. Land Rover needs to come out with a fix for this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4