Lr4 Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the easiest location to find all the torque specs for the entire vehicle? I think I have a rear shock bolt loose.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ScreenShot2014-03-11at101452AM_zps1d022ffa.png

ScreenShot2014-03-11at101442AM_zps33a4b6d9.png

yes. 203 ft lbs.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the easiest location to find all the torque specs for the entire vehicle? I think I have a rear shock bolt loose.

Torque specs rear suspensions.

Attachments

• Torque Specs LR4 Rear Suspensions.pdf
    13.2 KB · Views: 133

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You should be able to find all the info you need in the workshop manual. You can get a copy on eBay for close to nothing.

rover831

Reaction score
2010 LR4 Brakes - Replacing Again??

Ok, hoping someone can help me here. Feel like I'm getting completely screwed by the dealer. At 32,000 miles there was a loud screeching noise upon backing out of drive and also going slowly (carpool line type situation). No warning or indicator light. Took to dealer who said the rear brakes were metal on metal and needed to replace both pad and rotor. Wasn't happy but did it. Fronts were at 15-20% at that time, or so I was told. Now, 56,000 miles, the brake pad light went on. In for service and they just called to say that my rear pads and rotors again are worn down and need replaced. This is ridiculous! They even said the front are fine. That seems odd. Never replaced even a pad on the front yet two sets, with only 22,000 on the second set???? I even mentioned the TSB and he said that was for certain models and did not pertain to wear. Obviously I can't prove that they weren't worn down. Any advice would be appreciated. :hmmmm2:

rover831

Reaction score
My 2010 LR4 needed new rear pad/rotors at 32,000 miles, now again at 56,000 miles. I'm not sure I ever had to get anything more than one set of new pads (not rotors) and one set of tires on my Lexus LX which is just as big and heavy. I think either it's a scam by the dealer or the parts are of low quality for this type of vehicle. I'll be selling mine next year before I need a third set.

festus

Reaction score
Ok, hoping someone can help me here. Feel like I'm getting completely screwed by the dealer. At 32,000 miles there was a loud screeching noise upon backing out of drive and also going slowly (carpool line type situation). No warning or indicator light. Took to dealer who said the rear brakes were metal on metal and needed to replace both pad and rotor. Wasn't happy but did it. Fronts were at 15-20% at that time, or so I was told. Now, 56,000 miles, the brake pad light went on. In for service and they just called to say that my rear pads and rotors again are worn down and need replaced. This is ridiculous! They even said the front are fine. That seems odd. Never replaced even a pad on the front yet two sets, with only 22,000 on the second set???? I even mentioned the TSB and he said that was for certain models and did not pertain to wear. Obviously I can't prove that they weren't worn down. Any advice would be appreciated. :hmmmm2:

I brought my LR4 in for its first service at 15,000 miles and they told me my rear pads needed to be replaced because they were at 1-2mm. I asked them why the warning light hadn't gone on and they told me that because the side that the sensor is on the pads were at 3-4mm. They offered to replace my pads for $1200 so I told them no thanks and ordered a set of EBC pads from Amazon. When I pulled the rear brake pads it was just as they said, one side was at a little over 1mm and the other side was at 3mm. I took a look at the front pads and they still had plenty of life left. In my previous vehicles, the front pads have always worn before the rears but on the LR4 the rear pads are tiny compared to the front.

atlantaM3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am really surprised at that torque setting...twice the lugs! amazed it is that high, used to seeing 80-100 for those.

94speedster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you also buy sensors? 460 seems like a good price. It looks like OEM parts on http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/8887.cfm including sensors for all four is $850.

I don't know if I want to go aftermarket though. Especially slotted rotors. How did you end up picking those parts?

Hi MBW. Apologies for the delayed reply - I haven't been on this board in a while!

I chose not to replace the wear sensors. I found the rear sensor to be easy to replace, but the front was a real PITA as you need to remove the massive plastic wheel-well liner and I kept breaking the push-pins... I just check my pads & rotors every time I do an oil change (7500 miles) and use a micrometer.

Regarding the rotors & pads, so far so good. I notice that the pads squeek more than the OEM pads, so that is a bit annoying. My cure is to spray down the rotors with Brake Cleaner. That seems to work 3-5k miles or so...

Thanks for posting the tech sheet btw!

-B

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM